walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby Fife Flyer » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:08 pm

PeteR wrote:Martin, MrsR doesn't know this yet, but can you put me down as being at Sango Sands :D

I now have 4 months to break the news to her :lol:


Am sure your powers of persuasion will do the trick, you could offer to take her camping :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 2413
Munros:196   Corbetts:47
Grahams:24   Donalds:50
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:2
Islands:5
Joined: May 15, 2013
Location: Guess?

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby Tomsie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:23 am

[quote="Fife Flyer"]



12. Mrs Darren (sorry forgot your name) Ann
13. Mountain Thyme (sorry don't know your real name) [u]Theresa[/u]

16. the bald falcon (sorry don't know your real name) Stevie





4. Tom (Tomsie) John

[quote="Fife Flyer"]

:wink:
User avatar
Tomsie
Walker
 
Posts: 1162
Munros:121   Corbetts:62
Grahams:38   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   
Joined: Jan 8, 2011

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby Fife Flyer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 am

Tomsie wrote:
Fife Flyer wrote:
12. Mrs Darren (sorry forgot your name) Ann
13. Mountain Thyme (sorry don't know your real name) [u]Theresa[/u]

16. the bald falcon (sorry don't know your real name) Stevie

4. Tom (Tomsie) John

Fife Flyer wrote: :wink:


Thanks JOHN, apologies to all concerned :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 2413
Munros:196   Corbetts:47
Grahams:24   Donalds:50
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:2
Islands:5
Joined: May 15, 2013
Location: Guess?

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby Johnny Corbett » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Good choice, i'm up for this. Will spend the Easter week up here in the caravan, so will be at the site. As it's a long drive, if weather rubbish i may have to change plans.
User avatar
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 2953
Munros:21   Corbetts:207
Grahams:162   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:286   Hewitts:1
Islands:14
Joined: May 14, 2010
Location: Livingston

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby The Rodmiester » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:25 pm

I hope to make this one Martin, since I have missed the last two, probably take the tent. Lots of hills to do up there, if the weather is fine either might go early or stay late.
User avatar
The Rodmiester
Walker
 
Posts: 3390
Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Grahams:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:16
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: Carnoustie

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby chickadee » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Bit far, but if my injury is better by then I might come along... somehow.
User avatar
chickadee
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 264
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:3   
Joined: Mar 27, 2011
Location: Inverkeithing

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby Fife Flyer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:59 pm

chickadee wrote:Bit far, but if my injury is better by then I might come along... somehow.


Don't forget it almost 6 months away :lol:
You are more than welcome to accompany me on the journey north, bound to have at least one other passenger :wink:
User avatar
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 2413
Munros:196   Corbetts:47
Grahams:24   Donalds:50
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:2
Islands:5
Joined: May 15, 2013
Location: Guess?

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby chickadee » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Fife Flyer wrote:
chickadee wrote:Bit far, but if my injury is better by then I might come along... somehow.


Don't forget it almost 6 months away :lol:
You are more than welcome to accompany me on the journey north, bound to have at least one other passenger :wink:


Cheers for the offer, will let you know nearer the time. It is ages away but who knows what my body will want to do by then! Hopefully back to normal...
User avatar
chickadee
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 264
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:3   
Joined: Mar 27, 2011
Location: Inverkeithing

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby Tomsie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:10 am

Fife Flyer wrote:
Thanks JOHN, apologies to all concerned :lol: :lol:


:thumbup: :thumbup: 8) :wink:
User avatar
Tomsie
Walker
 
Posts: 1162
Munros:121   Corbetts:62
Grahams:38   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   
Joined: Jan 8, 2011

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby Keith Harper » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:07 pm

We'll be there, me and the other half. Sango Sands here comes Rossi. (Camper Van)
User avatar
Keith Harper
Stravaiging
 
Posts: 50
Munros:282   Corbetts:57
Hewitts:38
Wainwrights:54   
Joined: Nov 5, 2010
Location: Stirling

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby chickadee » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:35 pm

I was reluctant to take a spot in the bunkhouse because I can't be sure of my walking ability etc and didn't want to pinch someone's spot, but as it will be my first meet I'm wondering if that's a better way to get to know folk than be out somewhere on my own. Those who have been on previous meets, what do you think? I would be grateful for advice as I don't have a partner or friend to come with.
User avatar
chickadee
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 264
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:3   
Joined: Mar 27, 2011
Location: Inverkeithing

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby basscadet » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:29 pm

chickadee wrote:I was reluctant to take a spot in the bunkhouse because I can't be sure of my walking ability etc and didn't want to pinch someone's spot, but as it will be my first meet I'm wondering if that's a better way to get to know folk than be out somewhere on my own. Those who have been on previous meets, what do you think? I would be grateful for advice as I don't have a partner or friend to come with.


Och if you go to a walkhighlands meet for the walking, you are going for all the wrong reasons.. Its all about the socialising and if you happen to get a good walk in, thats a bonus :) I went to my first meet by myself and had a ball.. 8)
Oh and no-one has a spot apart from the first ones to ask.. New folk are an important part of the fun for everyone that goes.. :wink:
User avatar
basscadet
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 2779
Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Grahams:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21
Joined: Dec 1, 2011
Location: Edinburgh

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby Backpacker » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:37 pm

basscadet wrote:
chickadee wrote:I was reluctant to take a spot in the bunkhouse because I can't be sure of my walking ability etc and didn't want to pinch someone's spot, but as it will be my first meet I'm wondering if that's a better way to get to know folk than be out somewhere on my own. Those who have been on previous meets, what do you think? I would be grateful for advice as I don't have a partner or friend to come with.


Och if you go to a walkhighlands meet for the walking, you are going for all the wrong reasons.. Its all about the socialising and if you happen to get a good walk in, thats a bonus :) I went to my first meet by myself and had a ball.. 8)
Oh and no-one has a spot apart from the first ones to ask.. New folk are an important part of the fun for everyone that goes.. :wink:


It took me until the meet last week to finally get a walk in on the Saturday :lol:
User avatar
Backpacker
Stravaiging
 
Posts: 1316
Munros:281   Corbetts:59
Grahams:35   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:51   
Islands:4
Joined: Jan 8, 2013
Location: Laurencekirk

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby chickadee » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:58 pm

So tempted to say yes....
User avatar
chickadee
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 264
Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:3   
Joined: Mar 27, 2011
Location: Inverkeithing

Re: WH SPRING Meet - Durness 10/11/12 April 2015

Postby Fife Flyer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Backpacker wrote:It took me until the meet last week to finally get a walk in on the Saturday :lol:


3 meets = 1 Graham :lol: :lol:

chickadee wrote:So tempted to say yes....


Don't forget the offer still stands of a lift :wink:
I'll put your name down - trust me you will enjoy it :wink:
User avatar
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 2413
Munros:196   Corbetts:47
Grahams:24   Donalds:50
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:2
Islands:5
Joined: May 15, 2013
Location: Guess?

PreviousNext



Walkhighlands community forum is advert free


Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?



Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests