walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Singles Meet - Trying to Gauge Interest

Singles Meet - Trying to Gauge Interest

Postby dawnfoth » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi folks

I have been single for quite some time and I know I am not the only one on this site who is. :roll:

What would you lot think of a Singles Meet?

Thinking:

North Scotland Meet & Central Scotland Meet.... If you want an English/Welsh/Irish one then by all means go ahead....

This will not be a weekend affair :lol: but a day trip only

This is not specific to Munro's but to any of the Scottish Hills within the area.

No age requirements, but as usual people will be responsible/capable of getting themselves up/down the hill safely.

Have I forgotten anything? All suggestions welcome! :D

Let me know if you are interested in going (no dates yet) so that I can gauge if there's enough interest.

Thanks, Dawn
dawnfoth
Munro compleatist

Munros:269   Corbetts:16
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:11   Islands:6

Re: Singles Meet - Trying to Gauge Interest

Postby chickadee » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:29 pm

I might be up for that as I guess a year of being single means I should go out and try to meet people! A guy who loves hillwalking would be ideal. However, not sure how attractive I would seem after a day puffing up a hill, haha. :)

We would just have to make sure we're meeting somewhere not too remote and that everyone feels comfortable with the idea and lets someone know where they are, etc. People on this site do seem nice but having done some online dating in the past you can never be too careful!
chickadee
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:3   

Postby basscadet » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:04 pm

I know quite a few folk have met at Walk Highland meets.. Including me and Dougie :wink:
Sounds like a lark if nothing else.. :D
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby pollyh33 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:35 pm

Hope this takes off Dawn :clap: :clap:

Let me know when I need to buy a hat !!! X
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Aaaaarrrrrrrrrr, be there a mermaid out there for me, or should I just get up the old sea dog???

148.jpg
Ye Olde Sea Dog
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby blooma193 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:31 pm

Hey, count me in. And if I won't find my husband-to-be I may meet great buddies for hills. :D
blooma193
Mountaineer

Munros:1   

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 am

blooma193 wrote:Hey, count me in. And if I won't find my husband-to-be I may meet great buddies for hills. :D

Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrr, canst ye tie a reef knot me lurvlee? Or sing a shanty? Couldst be me Ship's Concubine....
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby MunroMadMen » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:02 pm

Great idea Dawn :)
MunroMadMen
Munro compleatist

Munros:168   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Postby cozi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:17 pm

I would be keen to get out with other singles in Scotland. I've not been on any meets yet, but this would get me enthused and out of the house more. Look forward to your meets........I am doing Corbetts at the moment, but am game for owt.
cozi
Stravaiging

Munros:282   Corbetts:171
Fionas:18   Donalds:7

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:27 pm

This might mean me exposing myself....

I mean my true identity, of course....
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby basscadet » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:01 pm

You could always set up another account.. A kind of secret identity, for your secret identity :lol:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby dawnfoth » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Good to see some interest. :D I think most if the boys are keeping quiet. Are they ashamed to admit their single or just watching and waiting for MountainLove to declare she's coming....? :wink:

I wondered if Caberfeidh might make a comment on this one.... If your profile picture is anything to go by, the girls will be piling up! :roll: :lol: Ye Sexy Olde Sea Dog! Come and find a Mermaid! :D

Chickadee, I agree, that one might not look their best. I went on a date a couple of months ago up a small hill and was mortified when I returned to see my Wurzle Gummage reflection in the car window. :shock: :lol:

If we don't meet the man/girl of our dreams as long as we have a laugh and make some friends along the way, that's what it's all about and whilst I appreciate that there are the usual Meets, many people are coupled up/married and I don't like feeling like a gooseberry and even more single than usual (if that makes sense).

For the first one I was thinking of a Corbett or a nice single Munro. I am a little bit pre-occupied at the moment but I am working on it and if anyone has any hill suggestions, please fire them in.

Thanks for the comments Polly and Basscadet. There are a number of people met through Walk Highlands. :D MunroMadMen, does that mean you are single and wanting to come or just commenting....? :wink:

Dawn
dawnfoth
Munro compleatist

Munros:269   Corbetts:16
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:11   Islands:6

Postby chickadee » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 pm

I think I'd be more likely to come if it was just 'a meet for people who are single' rather than 'a meet for meeting other people who are single and who you might fancy', haha. I like being single and hillwalking is one of the times I can just not even care about anything else, and I'm not sure I'd want pressure of meeting people for any other reason than just walking buddies. But of course the opportunity to meet people is always a good thing for increasing the chances of meeting someone you like. I am just pretty relaxed about it these days, getting stuck in my own ways a bit maybe! ;)
chickadee
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:3   

Postby blooma193 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:50 am

chickadee wrote:I think I'd be more likely to come if it was just 'a meet for people who are single' rather than 'a meet for meeting other people who are single and who you might fancy', haha. I like being single and hillwalking is one of the times I can just not even care about anything else, and I'm not sure I'd want pressure of meeting people for any other reason than just walking buddies. But of course the opportunity to meet people is always a good thing for increasing the chances of meeting someone you like. I am just pretty relaxed about it these days, getting stuck in my own ways a bit maybe! ;)

I couldn't put it better! Just had to read the first sentence three times ... :wink:
blooma193
Mountaineer

Munros:1   

Postby nodge » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi i would like to meet up for a singles walk running short of walking buddies i have once
met walkers on walk highlands and shared the boat at Loch Mullardoch with them to climb Beinn Fhionnlaidh and had a good time
nodge
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:21

Next

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs