walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Walkers from Ayrshire

Walkers from Ayrshire

Postby iain0804 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:42 am

Hello,

I have done a fair amount of hillwalking however I am new to the world of Munro bagging having only ticked off Ben Lomond & Ben Nevis. I purchased the book "The Munros" from the Scottish Mountaineering club and have been obsessed ever since.

I do a lot of walking with my girlfriend but she is not so keen on any ridge walking or high exposed areas so I am looking for any walkers or groups from around the Ayrshire area, preferably also new to Munro bagging to start going on some adventures with?

I am 29 years old and my other interests are Ice Hockey, Camping, Fishing, Skiing & Kayaking.

Cheers.
Iain
iain0804
Hill Bagger

Munros:70   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:4

Re: Walkers from Ayrshire

Postby killieboy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi Iain!

I'm based in Kilmarnock and I'm also newly addicted (more to the idea than the execution) of Munro-bagging! I have 8 to my name so far (and my four-legged accomplice shares 5 of them) and to be honest find the most challenging thing being able to afford the petrol to get there and back!!

My opportunities might be somewhat limited in the short term as my furry four-legged friend will imminently be joind by a substantially less hairy, two legged little sister! However, I'd be keen to have someone local as a possible partner in crime. I also like camping, have been skiing a few times and fall down less than I used to, never tried ice hockey or kayaking. Please don't make me go fishing...
killieboy
Mountain Walker

Munros:20   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:3   

Postby iain0804 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi Killieboy,

I have sent you a private message. :)
iain0804
Hill Bagger

Munros:70   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:4

Postby munromadnezzbhoyz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm from Largs if I can assist drop me a line
munromadnezzbhoyz

Postby Miche » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi my name is michelle I am also looking for company on hillwalks. Newish to it not been out for a while but have done Ben lomond Ben nevis goats fell and the cobbler. Also completed the rhins of kell twice. Would be happy to join you on some of your walks. I work shifts so would need to come along as when able.
Miche
Mountaineer

Postby ayrshiretiger » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:14 am

Air Na Creagan Mountaineering Club is based in North Ayrshire. Link to our website is on the "sticky" clubs thread above. Or search for our Facebook Group page (search Facebook for "Air Na Creagan hillwalking Ayrshire"). Our next monthly club night is at the Auld Brig pub in Irvine on Monday 16th November - all welcome!
ayrshiretiger

Munros:170   Corbetts:21
Donalds:3
Islands:9

Postby keith74 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:43 am

Also from Kilmarnock.Have done a fair few munros and always looking for people for company so give me a shout if your heading out.
keith74
Mountaineer

Corbetts:1

Postby monarchming » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:55 am

Hi and I am from Prestwick and sometimes looking for company as I go midweek to the hills due to my job.
monarchming
Munro compleatist

Munros:162   

Postby Alex Dartmoor » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm heading up to Scotland in about a week and planning on staying in the hills until the end of February. I'm a qualified Mountain Leader (Summer), and so looking at getting some winter hiking experience in to add to this. Anyone here who'd like to join me on any of the days please get in touch.

I'll be spending plenty of time in the West Highlands from around Bridge of Orchy to Fort William and will be in the Cairngorms for some of the time too. Maybe also a trip to Skye at some point. If there's anything in particular you'd like to do and need someone to go with, please get in touch!

Cheers,
Alex
Alex Dartmoor

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs