walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Need your help Cuillin Traverse within the next days

Need your help Cuillin Traverse within the next days

Postby Knuttus » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Hello together,

I planned to do the Cuillin Traverse and booked a guide months ago.
He first postponed the tour and now had an accident and he will not be able to guide me. And as the shortage of time I am not able to get a replacement.
I have done 75 Munros already on my own and wanted to do the Traverse this holiday, to tick off the Cuillins as well. But I need someone experienced especially for the Pinnacle (with climbing gear).
I am staying at Skye at the moment and could come back during next week.

Can someone help me or knows someone who might help?
Just give me a call or a text message at +44 7482377931

Thank you very much in advance, I am really desperate at the moment.

Henning
Knuttus
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:19
Fionas:14   
Sub 2000:38   Hewitts:4
Islands:18

Re: Need your help Cuillin Traverse within the next days

Postby Alteknacker » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:54 pm

I've done summer and winter mountain training with Mike Laing of Snowdonia Climbing, who has been doing guiding for ages in the Cuillins. I did the Cuillin Ridge solo, so I haven't been with him on this route, but from the experience I had with him, I can highly recommend him. I've also spoken to some of his Cullin clients, and they were also very happy with him. He might be free. You can get contact details on the internet.
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Re: Need your help Cuillin Traverse within the next days

Postby GillC » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:23 am

We had Paddy McGuire for some of the Cuillin,,knows ever rock on them.

You could also try http://skyeguides.co.uk/,,,,they certainly have an obvious presence on the island and may be able to assist at short notice.

Best of luck
GillC
Munro compleatist

Munros:64   Corbetts:50
Fionas:32   Donalds:30
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:22

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs