walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Blatant scrounge! Spare seat in a car 9th July?

Blatant scrounge! Spare seat in a car 9th July?

Postby IanEzzi » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:14 pm

I have the Saturday free but need to tighten my belt a little this month so can't afford my usual options of return train from Edinburgh/car hire.

Is anyone heading out on that day from the central belt, preferably north or west of Tyndrum, that would like a generous contribution towards their petrol costs and who might be able to tolerate a slightly chatty (but friendly!) passenger?

I would be glad to accompany you on your hike or just meet back at your car at the end of the day if you're the solitary type :wink:

I'm in full 'bag' mode at the moment so would prefer to aim at some Munros if possible.

Thanks!
IanEzzi

Munros:173   Corbetts:20
Fionas:8   Donalds:2

Re: Blatant scrounge! Spare seat in a car 9th July?

Postby davidmhodgey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:00 am

Hi Ian,

I'm looking to get back into the hills after an extended leave (life and other interests got in the way!).

You're looking for a lift and I'm looking for company so if you fancy heading somewhere that would be grand. I'm in Midlothian.

Not too fussy about where we go, but a Munro I've not been up would be preferable. I usually make a decision the night before once I see forecasts.

What do you think?

Cheers,
David
davidmhodgey

Munros:83   Corbetts:3

Postby IanEzzi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:33 pm

David,

Sounds good! My wife has just reminded me that she might be trying to arrange a viewing for a house but I've asked that we don't do it on the 9th so should be OK.

Where would be good to meet in Midlothian? (I'm based in Edinburgh, Granton area, happy to meet somewhere convenient).

Had a look at the Mountain Weather Forecast but it just suggests a westerly system bringing showers on and off, wettest on the west coast (unsurprisingly).

I said North or West of Tyndrum but maybe Glenshee area would be a safer bet? Tyndrum area could still be OK, I've only done 1 of the hills above Glen Lochay (Challum) so that leaves 4 there that might be worth a look?

I'm pretty open to options either way, let me know what you think.

Cheers

Ian
IanEzzi

Postby davidmhodgey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi!

I'm pretty easy. I'd prefer north/west but not if the weather disagrees!

I could pick you up in Granton, it's no problem! I like to leave nice and early so there won't be traffic at that time.

Lets wait until closer to the weekend to see the forecast on your house viewing and the weather :)
davidmhodgey

Munros:83   Corbetts:3

Postby IanEzzi » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:30 am

Hey David, let me know your thoughts, weather is looking pretty poor (20% chance of cloud free summits, prolonged periods of rain/drizzle in most areas) but if you're still keen then I'm game. Have a back-up plan in place now in case we don't go (swim, brunch, shopping for boots, pub... 8) )
IanEzzi

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs