walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Summer WH Meet- Kyle of Tongue hostel 28th /29th july

Re: Summer WH Meet- Kyle of Tongue hostel 28th /29th july

Postby dibs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Fife Flyer wrote:
BlackPanther wrote:FF, we are hoping for Foinaven on Sat - but only if weather is good. No point doing it in rain and wind, it's such a splendid hill that one has to enjoy it :D. We had to turn back from the first top last year due to horrible winds, maybe second time lucky!
We will only arrive on Sat morning as Kevin works Fri till late, all plans are still flexible at the moment. TBH we have climbed everything in this area apart from Foinaven and a few Subs so if weather not good enough for the biggie, we will be happy to repeat any hill just for the company :D

I too won't be tackling it if the weather is inclement, fingers crossed. Am sure there will be plenty of other volunteers :wink:

Martin I am up for whatever walks, I have only done the Munros in this area so Corbetts are all good for me. My travel plans are a bit fluid at the moment due to the golf season and maybe on my own rather than original plan, so more flexibility.
dibs
Munro compleatist

Munros:187   Corbetts:32
Fionas:29   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:100   Hewitts:2
Islands:15

Postby Fife Flyer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:38 pm

dibs wrote:Martin I am up for whatever walks, I have only done the Munros in this area so Corbetts are all good for me. My travel plans are a bit fluid at the moment due to the golf season and maybe on my own rather than original plan, so more flexibility.

Fully understand George - you will be pleasantly surprised by the Corbett's way up north, take a look at Arkle :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50897
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby dibs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am

Fife Flyer wrote:
dibs wrote:Martin I am up for whatever walks, I have only done the Munros in this area so Corbetts are all good for me. My travel plans are a bit fluid at the moment due to the golf season and maybe on my own rather than original plan, so more flexibility.

Fully understand George - you will be pleasantly surprised by the Corbett's way up north, take a look at Arkle :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50897

Thanks Martin looks good, I can see I am going to be busy, hopefully the weather is kind.
dibs
Munro compleatist

Postby dibs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:16 am

Ahutch wrote:
jules999 wrote:Hi Anne... is there any beds left at hostel.. I would love to join this weekend.. many thanks

Sent you a messages jules. 8 beds still left :D

Anne
Can i take a bed now as my plans have changed and wont be camping with the motorhome. Let me know details and I will make payment, assuming of course there is a bed available still.

Thanks, George
dibs
Munro compleatist

Postby Ahutch » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 am

dibs wrote:
Ahutch wrote:
jules999 wrote:Hi Anne... is there any beds left at hostel.. I would love to join this weekend.. many thanks

Sent you a messages jules. 8 beds still left :D

Anne
Can i take a bed now as my plans have changed and wont be camping with the motorhome. Let me know details and I will make payment, assuming of course there is a bed available still.

Thanks, George

Hi George yes will put you down for a bed . Will PM later payment details . Anne :D
Ahutch
Mountaineer

Munros:4   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:91   

Postby dibs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Anne

Thanks, George[/quote]
Hi George yes will put you down for a bed . Will PM later payment details . Anne :D[/quote]

Cheers Anne, much appreciated.
dibs
Munro compleatist

Postby Ahutch » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi everyone . Here is the room plan !!

Room 1
1. Tommy
2. Slirlingdavo
3. Hugh
4. Jim Wilson
5. Stevesmith159
6. Rmed37

Room 2
1. Dibs
2. James
3. Guinessman
4. J888ohn
5. Big Tommo

Room 3
1. Gary
2. Leia
3. David Main
4. Jules
5. Sheena
6. Marianne

Room 4
1. M4rtin
2. Fife Flyer
3. David Reilly

Room 5
1. Magoo82
2. Parminder
3. Sharon

Room 6
1. Theresa
2. Polly

Room 7
1. Jim
2. Michelle
3. +1

Room 8
1. Sue Black
2. Lynne Murrey
3. Jackie
4. Penelope76
5. Quincy

Room 9
1. Anne
2. Darren

Hope every one is happy !! See you next week :D

There is still 3 beds up for grabs :clap:

Thanks Anne x
Last edited by Ahutch on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ahutch
Mountaineer

Postby J888ohn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Ah man, have I got to share with Big Tommo again! :wink: :wink: Can't get rid of him, it's like were mates or something..... :lol:

As for walking plans, we're thinking of going to Ben More Assynt and Conival on Saturday (2 or 3 spaces in my car for anyone else who wants to head there, I say two or 3 cause it depends on how friendly you want to get with the people next to you), doing Ben Hope on the Sunday then maybe a cheeky visit to Ben Klibreck on the way back home on Sunday. All weather dependent as usual.
J888ohn
Mountain Walker

Munros:212   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:6   

Postby Ahutch » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:42 pm

J888ohn wrote:Ah man, have I got to share with Big Tommo again! :wink: :wink: Can't get rid of him, it's like were mates or something..... :lol:

As for walking plans, we're thinking of going to Ben More Assynt and Conival on Saturday (2 or 3 spaces in my car for anyone else who wants to head there, I say two or 3 cause it depends on how friendly you want to get with the people next to you), doing Ben Hope on the Sunday then maybe a cheeky visit to Ben Klibreck on the way back home on Sunday. All weather dependent as usual.

Had to put you both together :lol: !!!!!! John question do you need me to bring pens and paper for quiz :D
Ahutch
Mountaineer

Postby J888ohn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:28 pm

No. I'll aquire some from my office.
J888ohn
Mountain Walker

Postby Ahutch » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:38 pm

J888ohn wrote:No. I'll aquire some from my office.

Great :clap: . I will get prizes for winning Team :clap:
Ahutch
Mountaineer

Postby Guinessman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:43 am

J888ohn wrote:Ah man, have I got to share with Big Tommo again! :wink: :wink: Can't get rid of him, it's like were mates or something..... :lol:

John I would be up for doing BMA and Conival on the Sat. Planning on doing Kilbreck on the way up
Guinessman
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:52
Fionas:27   Donalds:89
Hewitts:142
Wainwrights:214   Islands:15

Postby Jaxter » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:46 am

Guinessman wrote:

John I would be up for doing BMA and Conival on the Sat. Planning on doing Kilbreck on the way up

Second round already? :wink: :lol:
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:141
Fionas:91   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:131   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Postby J888ohn » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Guinessman wrote:

Sounds good Steve. Prob need to leave the hostel about 8am so I'm back in time for quiz duties.
J888ohn
Mountain Walker

Postby penelope76 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Hello All
Just putting the feelers out for a lift back to anywhere nr Edinburgh on the Sunday.
If anyone's driving back down with room and can offer me a lift back, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Penny
penelope76
Walker

Munros:241   Corbetts:28
Fionas:13   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:8   

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs