walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Interested in Walking the West Highland Way?

Interested in Walking the West Highland Way?

Postby fredwerk » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:28 am

Hi folks,

Please let me know if I am posting in the wrong section.

All Shapes And Sizes (a charity in Aberdeen) is organising a walk called “Walking The West Highland Way 2017” from 1-8 August. While it is a charity organising it, participants can raise money for any charity they want.

£50 entry fee per person, transport is provided free of charge both ways from Aberdeen to Milngavie and from Fort William to Aberdeen. And participants will get plenty of freebies, equipment for the walk and some food, kindly provided by our sponsors.

It seems I cannot post links, but you can google "Walking The West Highland Way 2017" and on the 1st Google page, you will find a link to the Eventbrite page. You can also check out the All Shapes And Sizes Facebook page "asascharity" where it will contain all info in regards to the event, accommodation, transport and so on.

Let me know if you are interested and/of if you have any questions.

My girlfriend and I will take part in the event, and we will raise money for All Shapes And Sizes :) Also it is the first time we are doing the West Highland Way, however, I do have experience, I have done many years ago the Tour du Mont Blanc (what a beautiful walk!).

Fred
fredwerk
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs