walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

GR10 French Pyrenees Summer 2018

GR10 French Pyrenees Summer 2018

Postby SoniaV » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:15 am

Hi, looking for a buddy to walk the entire GR10 in French Pyrenees (west to east) in summer 2018 (dates at this moment flexible). I am based in London, but happy to meet anywhere in UK to discuss next steps!!!
SoniaV
Mountaineer

Re: GR10 French Pyrenees Summer 2018

Postby Becca_76 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi Sonia,

Did you find another crazy to team up with for the GR10?!

I'm also thinking of walking it this year, possibly in two separate legs though, as I have a few commitments in June/July, so was thinking of maybe doing the first half in May, and returning in September to complete the route. Timing-wise, I think I could just about do it all in one go, but need to be back by early June, which would mean setting off in early April...

I walked most of the Anglesey Coastal path last year, some of it with an old friend, and some on my own, but was carrying full camping/cooking gear and it turned into a bit of an endurance test rather than a holiday. So I like the idea of something that doesn't necessarily involve camping!

At the moment, I'm looking at doing an independent self-guided trip through a company, but they are expensive, and also not so easy to book if you are a solo traveller. But it does take a lot of the headache out of planning accommodation and meals etc.

I'm 41, based in Kent/London, and a freelance graphic designer - which gives me the freedom to go off on adventures every so often without having to worry about booking the time off :o) yay!

It would be great to hear how your plans are progressing...
Becca_76
Mountaineer

Re: GR10 French Pyrenees Summer 2018

Postby Lmitch » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Hiya

just reading these posts with interest. My friend and I have traversed the Pyrenees - GR10, GR11 and HRP over the last couple of years. We will finish this year. I think April is quite early for the GR10 in terms of snow but you may well know that and want to carry the gear!

We went east to west and happy to share if you have questions etc.

have fun!
Lmitch
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs