walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

South Glen Shiel Ridge Car Share 1st July 2017

South Glen Shiel Ridge Car Share 1st July 2017

Postby Beckie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Myself, my friend and her dog are planning on doing the South Glen Shiel ridge this Saturday. We are currently planning on making the last bus back from the end of the route back to the Cluanie Inn just before 7pm. I have just thought to post on here to see if anyone is up for solving the transport problem on this route. We were thinking if someone wanted to leave their car at the end of the route she could run them back to the Cluanie Inn where she would leave her car. When we finish that person could take her back to the Inn (I would wait with the by now very wet and muddy dog) and she could drive back or me and the dog. Also we aren't the fastest so having a non alcoholic drink at the Inn before we are finished is optional! We are hoping this would mean we could set off at 8am rather than 7am. We usually take in the middle of Walkhighlands time estimates so are hoping it will take 10 hours. Give me a message if you're also having the transport problem :)
Beckie
Munro compleatist

Munros:34   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:6   

Re: South Glen Shiel Ridge Car Share 1st July 2017

Postby Sgurr » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:26 pm

You could always leave the car down near the far end and catch a bus up to the Cluanie Inn to start, then it doesn't matter how long it takes you.....sorry, don't know about time-tables, but another possibility is leave dog and passenger at the Cluanie, drive down and hitch /bus back.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby Coop » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:19 pm

If everything goes to plan ill hopefully be going up next Tuesday for the same scenario.
Unfortunately I can't change my date to this Saturday as im down south this weekend, or I'd join you

From the city link timetable, I believe there is a bus (917) at 1839 from Shiel bridge which stops at Cluanie (about 20 mins)

Think my plan will be

A - meet someone at the start and drop one car at the end
B - Try and get down for the bus
C - Hitch and hope
D - Walk
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Postby garyh » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:08 am

city link buses only allow guide dogs
on their buses unless you have them
in a hand crate
garyh
Munro compleatist

Munros:259   Corbetts:2

Postby Fife Flyer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Original plan was to tackle these on Saturday, but a couple of things have caused a change of plan - one is the forecast :(
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby Beckie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Thanks everyone, we had a look at buses but were a bit worried about missing it! We've got a taxi number so we're going to book on for the morning. Plan is for my friend to drop us at the Cluanie Inn, drive to the end point and leave her car, then get a taxi back to the start point. Hopefully works out!
Beckie
Munro compleatist

Munros:34   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Jaxter » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Kintail is a haven for walkers, especially now schools holidays are on so I think you're almost certain to be able to hitch up or down the valley.

If you don't get washed away first :crazy: :crazy:
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:141
Fionas:91   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:131   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs