walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

AUTUMN WH MEET FRI 10TH/12TH NOVEMBER

Re: AUTUMN WH MEET FRI 10TH/12TH NOVEMBER

Postby tombombadilio » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 am

Hi Michelle,

Are there by any chance still beds left for the 2 nights?? Not picky. If not, no probs, have tent.

Cheers!

Adam (tombombadilio)
tombombadilio
Walker

Munros:258   Corbetts:19
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:8
Islands:17

Postby MichelleHamilton » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:53 pm

tombombadilio wrote:Hi Michelle,

Are there by any chance still beds left for the 2 nights?? Not picky. If not, no probs, have tent.

Cheers!

Adam (tombombadilio)

Hi Adam,

Of course there is room !! We will be delighted to have you along, I will pm you with details, thanks Michelle
MichelleHamilton
Munro compleatist

Munros:269   Corbetts:18
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   

Postby Guinessman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:34 pm

M4RTIN wrote:
hutchy1 wrote:Has anyone started making hill plans yet I'm looking at doing the loch Lochy duo on the Saturday if anyone wants to join me

These 2 are definitely on my "hit-list" for the weekend, so could well join you... :thumbup:

Darren/ Martin, I would be up for these 2 on the Sat, if possible can they be linked time wise with Ben Tee??
Guinessman
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:52
Fionas:27   Donalds:89
Hewitts:142
Wainwrights:214   Islands:15

Postby Guinessman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Alteknacker wrote:REF Hills Plans.

Thinking of Glen Dessary group on Saturday or Sunday, if the weather's OK (ie Sgurr na Ciche, Garbh Chioch Mhor, Sgurr nan Coireachan, Sgurr Mor & Gairich, starting and finishing at Strathan) if anyone's interested in joining me.

Another thought is the Glen Quoich group on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (ie Sgurr a'Mhaoraich, Gleouraich, Spidean Mialach & Buidhe Bheinn, starting at Kinloch Hourn). I don't fancy a long walk back along the road, so I see this as a 2-car thing, finishing about 4 km east of the bridge over the Loch Quoich arm - anyone interested?

Would be up for Gleouraich, Spidean Mialach on the Sun, though for your route and the limited daylight hours don't know what time you will start? You could leave your car at the base of Gleouraich, Spidean Mialach and I could transport you down to Kinlochourn. It might work that way. Speak nearer the dates, see how the weather is going.
Guinessman
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:52
Fionas:27   Donalds:89
Hewitts:142
Wainwrights:214   Islands:15

Postby hutchy1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Guinessman wrote:
M4RTIN wrote:
hutchy1 wrote:Has anyone started making hill plans yet I'm looking at doing the loch Lochy duo on the Saturday if anyone wants to join me

These 2 are definitely on my "hit-list" for the weekend, so could well join you... :thumbup:

Darren/ Martin, I would be up for these 2 on the Sat, if possible can they be linked time wise with Ben Tee??

Yes I think they can if memory serves me correct Mr Dewar has a walk report on the route which could be good for route and timing reference
hutchy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:279   Corbetts:20
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:113
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Postby dibs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Guinessman wrote:
M4RTIN wrote:

This is my plan for either Friday or Saturday, repeat with others these two Munros and take the Corbett too. The other day I will do the two Corbetts on the North of Loch Arkaig is my thoughts at the moment and depending on the weather.
dibs
Munro compleatist

Munros:187   Corbetts:32
Fionas:29   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:100   Hewitts:2
Islands:15

Postby gregorski » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi Michelle,
I am new to walk highland meets, I would like to come along, if there is enough room outside for my tent.
Gregor
gregorski
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:102
Fionas:46   Donalds:24+4
Sub 2000:26   Hewitts:1
Islands:27

Postby MichelleHamilton » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:23 am

gregorski wrote:Hi Michelle,
I am new to walk highland meets, I would like to come along, if there is enough room outside for my tent.
Gregor

Hi there Gregor really pleased you got in touch - you are most welcome to join the meet & pitch your tent - we are a freindly bunch & look forward to meeting you. I will PM you tomorrow with more details thanks Michelle
MichelleHamilton
Munro compleatist

Postby Col S » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:51 am

This would be my first walk highlands meet, hoping to come along and camp by the hostel if that's ok?
Looking forward to it!
Col S
Munro compleatist

Munros:74   Corbetts:13
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:12   

Postby LeithySuburbs » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:07 am

Hi Michelle
Can myself and Seana get a double bed for Fri and Sat nights if there is one still available?
Dougie
LeithySuburbs
Ambler

Munros:259   Corbetts:56
Fionas:29   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:23   Islands:13

Postby MichelleHamilton » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:22 am

LeithySuburbs wrote:Hi Michelle
Can myself and Seana get a double bed for Fri and Sat nights if there is one still available?
Dougie

Hi Dougie i will pm you tomorrow, thanks Michelle
MichelleHamilton
Munro compleatist

Postby MichelleHamilton » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:24 am

Col S wrote:This would be my first walk highlands meet, hoping to come along and camp by the hostel if that's ok?
Looking forward to it!

Hi Col this should be fine, I will pm you tomorrow thanks Michelle
MichelleHamilton
Munro compleatist

Postby BlackPanther » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:56 am

We should start praying for high pressure over Scorland :wink:

BTW Michelle, did you count how many people will be camping? We can't come on Friday because Kevin is working till late and we wondered if there will be any space left for us to pitch on Sat :lol: :lol: We drove past Laggan a few times recently and I had a good look - a nice patch of grass next to the building, hopefully there would be enough space to accommodate us all, panthers included :D

Hill plans: nothing ambitious. Ben Tee possibly or some of Glen Roy Grahams. Cant wait to see all the old friends - and meet new ones!
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:182
Fionas:136   
Sub 2000:75   

Postby MichelleHamilton » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:06 pm

BlackPanther wrote:We should start praying for high pressure over Scorland :wink:

BTW Michelle, did you count how many people will be camping? We can't come on Friday because Kevin is working till late and we wondered if there will be any space left for us to pitch on Sat :lol: :lol: We drove past Laggan a few times recently and I had a good look - a nice patch of grass next to the building, hopefully there would be enough space to accommodate us all, panthers included :D

Hill plans: nothing ambitious. Ben Tee possibly or some of Glen Roy Grahams. Cant wait to see all the old friends - and meet new ones!

Hello Black Panther, I feel your excitement, yes I have counted our campers and hopefully should be fine, as most will be flying solo (4) and two couples including yourself - we will make sure we have space for you on Saturday, its looking like a good meet with a great mixture of legends (or leg ends !!!) and most welcome new folk. Thanks for getting in touch, will be great to see on Saturday, we have the quiz master legend to take us through the evening - Iv done Ben Tee, it was in the winter months, and the views were incredible, not sure what I'm doing, but will bring the mountain bike along as well so hopefully weather will be kind, iv been doing a lot of decorating lately so weekends have been spent scraping and mopping so really looking forward to this weekend x :D :D :D :D
MichelleHamilton
Munro compleatist

Postby The Lady In Ivan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 pm

After much persuasion and not being needed at home, it looks like I might make this. Don't need a bed as I will be in the car park, slumming it in ayeVan. Happy to contribute towards the hostel so I can get a wash!
The Lady In Ivan
Hill Bagger

Munros:276   Corbetts:29
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:3
Islands:8

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs