walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

AUTUMN WH MEET FRI 10TH/12TH NOVEMBER

Re: AUTUMN WH MEET FRI 10TH/12TH NOVEMBER

Postby M4RTIN » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:43 pm

I'd just like to echo previous posts, and say a big thank you to Michelle & Jim for arranging the latest meet.
Perfect location, some fantastic hills, great company and plenty of laughs (a fair few at my own expense :wink: ).

Yes, losing the car keys was initially a bit a nightmare, but in reality it was all just a short term inconvenience.
No-one got injured, no-one received the news they had an incurable disease, and no-one had to deal with someone they love, never again returning home.
In the grand scheme of things, this was just a little reminder to keep focussed on the important things in life.
I lost time & I lost money, but I still got home to my beautiful wife & my 2 precious boys. Life is all good.

I had countless offers of help and support, and I'll never remember them all, so....
To everyone who offered / helped me out: Thank you, so much. There were all genuinely appreciated.

A couple of special mentions:
Jonathan, thanks for doing the double run in the car, to pick Parminder and myself up.
Parminder & George, thank you both for changing your plans, and for hanging around so patiently on the Sunday.

And, just for the record (re: quiz night)....
I've got Martin's NEW Car Keys.jpg

I've got Martin's NEW Car Keys

Martin :wink:
M4RTIN
Mountain Walker

Munros:125   Corbetts:6
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:10

Postby jules999 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Great weekend spent at the Great Glen Youth Hostel for the WH Autumn Meet.. Well done to Michelle and Jim. :clap: . excellent choice for accommodation.. Clem and Erin were fantastic who run the hostel.. really down to earth.. and really enjoyed our quiz night and honoured to have been asked to join us.. great catching up with friends again i had already met at previous meet.. and great to have made some new ones at this one.. 10 min in door.. and saving a little bird.. poor thing was battering itself off of window trying to get out.. good deed done :wink: .. had a cracking wee day on Ben Tee with some of the group.. and it was laughs all the way up.. and all the way down.. interested in where the next one will be.. TOMMY!!!!!!! :lol: all in all.. a fantastic weekend.. see you all at the next one :D
jules999
Mountain Walker

Munros:274   Corbetts:67
Fionas:19   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:33   
Islands:4

Postby Alteknacker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Massive thanks and congratulations (for both the superb successful organisation and the hotline to the weather gods) to Michelle and Jim for such an enjoyable meet - my first official one: great venue, great hills, great weather, great to meet so many WH folk I only knew from reports, and great to meet again folk I started to get to know at Mountainstar's unofficial Snowdonia meet at the end of September.

Just how wrong can the forecasters be...???!!!

Image20171110_101724. FRIDAY 1. VIEW FROM BEN TEE.

Image20171110_125243. FRIDAY 2. DESCENDING FROM SRON A'CHOIRE GHAIRBHE. FINE, WINDY AND VERY COLD.

Image20171111_101353. SATURDAY 1. KNOYDART FROM BHUIDHE BEINN.

Image20171111_124722. SATURDAY 2. (GUEST STAR: MALKY_C). APPROACHING SGURR A'MHAORAICH.

Image20171112_132101. SUNDAY 1. SGORR DEARG (LHS) AND SGURR DHONUILL.

Image20171112_134935. SUNDAY 2.

Image20171112_143220. SUNDAY 3.

Boy, am I glad I decided to ignore the forecasts... :D
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby jogilv16 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:22 pm

i would like to thank everybody for your very nice comments about the meet.great to see people having great walking days and plenty fun and laughs,also good to see new faces as well as the usual die hards.hope to see the new faces again .thankyou alan again for doing the quiz.you done a fantastic job.and well chuffed to get my usual one question right.im enjoying reading your reports and seeing your pictures.now that its over to tommy for spring meet.
thankyou...
jogilv16

Munros:203   Corbetts:24
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:39

Postby BlackPanther » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Could anyone post the the group photo from Saturday evening please? Didn't see it in any reports?...
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:182
Fionas:136   
Sub 2000:75   

Postby tomyboy73 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:13 pm

BlackPanther wrote:Could anyone post the the group photo from Saturday evening please? Didn't see it in any reports?...

it`s on talk highlands facebook page also The great Glen Hostel facebook page
tomyboy73
Mountain Walker

Munros:186   Corbetts:40
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:3   Islands:5
Walk wish-list

Postby BlackPanther » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:02 am

tomyboy73 wrote:it`s on talk highlands facebook page also The great Glen Hostel facebook page

Thx I got it from hostel's page. BTW I don't use facebook (bet I'm not the only one!) so here is a copy for all non-facebook dinosaurs:

wh autumn 2017.jpg
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:182
Fionas:136   
Sub 2000:75   

Postby Alteknacker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:04 am

tomyboy73 wrote:
BlackPanther wrote:Could anyone post the the group photo from Saturday evening please? Didn't see it in any reports?...

it`s on talk highlands facebook page also The great Glen Hostel facebook page

Oh dear :( . Not so good for those of us not on Facebook...
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs