walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Walk partners wanted WestHighland Way 2017 0r 2018

Walk partners wanted WestHighland Way 2017 0r 2018

Postby portege » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi,

I'm 37 Male. Have recently returned back to Lincolnshire following a holiday in the Highlands and already miss the area.

I saw so many walking the West Highland Way whilst up on holiday that I have a desire to do the walk myself. But would really like to find a walk partner or partners and thought I would ask on here.

Would be looking to do the walk either this year in September 2017 or next year 2018 spring or summer.

Anyone interested?
Attachments
IMG_20170401_135126 - Copy.jpg
Last edited by portege on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
portege
Walker

Re: Walk partners wanted WestHighland Way 2017 0r 2018

Postby walkingpoles » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:21 pm

There will be plenty of folks. If you can't find somebody to join you, simply do it on your own. You won't feel lonely.

Your chances of finding a partner is bigger if you state whether you intend to camp or use bunks (or you don't care).
walkingpoles
Mountaineer

Munros:195   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:8

Re: Walk partners wanted WestHighland Way 2017 0r 2018

Postby portege » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:23 pm

walkingpoles wrote:There will be plenty of folks. If you can't find somebody to join you, simply do it on your own. You won't feel lonely.

Your chances of finding a partner is bigger if you state whether you intend to camp or use bunks (or you don't care).

Thanks for the reply. I don't really mind, either camp or use hostels. I'm open to either really.
portege
Walker

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs