walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Looking for exped company

Looking for exped company

Postby AlanTrekker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:40 am

Hi everybody my name is Alan I'm 25 year old male. I am a relativly experienced hillwalker and have been on quite a few expeditions.I do consider myself a compitant and worthy hillwalker, trekker and navigator but I don't know if I am confident enough for a big solo expedition yet. I've got my holidays from work usually in winter and I usually try to do a good exped during this time. I happen to have off work Thursday the 28th of Sep until monday the 9th of October. I was hoping during this time to perhaps bag the Skye Trail or something of a similar effect. I also might have time off for a proper winter exped in Nov. Last year I was in the Cairngorms for 4 nights and 5 days with a friend which was spectacular and snowy.If you are interested at all please reply to me asap and we can have a further discussion and/or Skype.
Attachments
Walk Highland.jpg
Hutchinson Memorial Hut very cosy bothy.
AlanTrekker

Munros:152   Corbetts:45
Fionas:21   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:1

Re: Looking for exped company

Postby 1jonnyp1989 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:16 pm

I will be looking to complete the 12 tops of the Mullardoch round over two days on the 6+7th of October. feel free to join if you haven't made any plans yet
1jonnyp1989
Mountain Walker

Munros:69   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Postby AlanTrekker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:03 pm

1jonnyp1989 wrote:I will be looking to complete the 12 tops of the Mullardoch round over two days on the 6+7th of October. feel free to join if you haven't made any plans yet

Hi there Jonny 1989 that sounds amazing but I'm unfortunatly planning on going to Knoydart over the weekend now. Thankyou for the offer though. Do you do winter expeditions?
AlanTrekker

Munros:152   Corbetts:45
Fionas:21   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:1

Postby philwakeup » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi Alan

I came across your feed and noticed you get out in winter, i'm currently looking for a winter partner for grade 1 climbs and winter mountaineering this season, would you be interested ?

I'm 26, hold a mountain leader award and am a expedition leader myself and looking to get out this winter as much as possible.

Let me know what you think and we could sort some trips out.

Peace.
Phil
philwakeup
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs