walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Sligachan Circuit over Cuillin, 25 October 2017

Sligachan Circuit over Cuillin, 25 October 2017

Postby Plavuizen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 am

Hello, I'm planning to do the following walk on 25 October 2017: Sligochan hotel - Coire na Creiche - Bealach na Glaic Moire - Loch Coruisk - Glen Sligachan - Sligochan hotel, total 16 miles. On the 1:25,000 OS map there is a path, sources here are mixed on the difficulty of the route.
As this is challenging terrain for me I think it's wise not to do this alone, so would fancy a walking partner, preferably one with experience in scree walking. Planned start around 8:30 am.

Would be perfect if you also could arrange good weather :D !
Plavuizen
Walker

Munros:4   
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:2

Re: Sligachan Circuit over Cuillin, 25 October 2017

Postby prog99 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 pm

My advice would be to buy a copy of the Harveys map of the Cuillin which shows a distinct lack of path in the vital bits.
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs