walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Looking for someone to tackle Mayar and Driesh with

Looking for someone to tackle Mayar and Driesh with

Postby afathi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Hello,

My name is Amir and I am a student in Dundee. I am quite new to hiking but have done 5 munros in past two months and have done a bit of winter climbing as well.

Unfortunately during our simple hike in Glen Doll last Sunday me and my friend had reached Mayar and even made it to the bottom of Driesh when I realised the weather was turning and we were losing light so made the decision to track back and find the Kilbo Path. Things went very wrong here; there was no path to find because of snowfall and I couldn't make out shank of Drumfollow. I started feeling disoriented and knew day light was running out so I called the rangers lodge at Glen Doll around 3pm by now asking for some advise/direction but was given really bad advise and told to call back if needed more help. I ended up on the south side of Mayar and basically lost and no phone signal. Dark and whiteout combined so we wondered north north east is horrible boggy terrain until I finally got signal and called for help.

I haven’t been able to get this entire episode out of my head and I don’t think I will be able to until I go back up and see where I went wrong.
I am looking for someone who is keen on going up Mayar and who knows the path and who wouldn't mind me tagging along with them.

If anyone is willing to help I would be very grateful.

Best wishes

Amir
afathi
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs