walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Cairngorms (not only) - any Sunday

Cairngorms (not only) - any Sunday

Postby aaanka » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a company for hiking/climbing mountains in Highland. I'm based in Inverness so the best at the beginning would be Cairngorms. I'm prepared for winter hiking (crampons, ice axe) and have some experience in that. I haven't done any rock climbing, tying wtih rope etc..and my navigation is based on Viewranger app in misty/very snowy conditions..I'm 30, quite fit (I belive so..) and very keen on hiking & trips. It can be any Sunday (apart from 18.02 - 11.03) or rarely Saturdays & weekdays. If you have some ideas where to climb and looking for a company - please send a message :wink: I was thinking about doing Ben Macdui firstly but I can easely adjust to anything else.

Anna
aaanka
Munro compleatist

Munros:51   Corbetts:11
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:1
Islands:16

Re: Cairngorms (not only) - any Sunday

Postby shamansky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi there! I'm up for the task ! I dont have that much experience (only did 17 munros, would love to do them all), but I have lots of love for the great Scottish outdoors! I'm based in Pitlochry and have the weekends free. Unfortunately I can't send you a private message because I am new to this forum, I guess I should post more;)

Cheers,
George
shamansky
Hill Bagger

Munros:32   Corbetts:11
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Danamic » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi,

I'd be keen to meet up in the Cairngorms for some winter/summer hiking. Im 32, relatively fat and unfit (but am working on that), and based just north of Aberdeen.

I work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, so I wont be available most Sundays but am available all sorts of other days.

Am going to do Ben Macdui tomorrow as the weather looks clear but will be looking to do other challenging hikes as I train to do a 7,000m mountain in a couple of years time.

Just message me and Id be happy to setup a Whatsapp group (or equivalent) to keep each other informed of when others might be available.

Thanks,

Dan
Danamic
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   

Postby mahe » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi Anna
Not sure if you still looking to get out to the Cairngorms. I am based in Inverness (Balloch) over easter weekend and looking to get out in the good weather tomorrow, Sunday. I am fairly experienced having completed the munros and trying to make my way through Corbetts. But not been up high for a wee while so happy to do something more manageable - still a good bit of snow up there.
I will be going anyway so no worries if you don't pick this up. Will have a look at 'what hill' over next couple hours. Suggestions welcome. If you are keen to get out happy to let you know a bit more about me with relevant weblinks etc. I don't use the Walkhighlands site that often apart from the odd post to see if anyone going out hillwalking in winter conditions . Best Ian.
mahe

Postby Hillybee » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 am

Hi Anna,
I would also like to do more hill walking with company, tried joining a (largish) group but wasn't really for me. Do plenty low level alone but not confident enough to go for more challenging hills (e.g. An Teallach, Liathach etc..). But would like to before I'm too old! Am 56, fairly fit but definitely not the fastest walker going uphill!!
Am based on the Black Isle near Conon Bridge, easy to meet up in the Cairngorms.
Am new to the forums so can't PM you yet.
Cheers, Hilary
Hillybee
Mountaineer

Postby Highlander282 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi Anna,
I'm currently trying to get the Munro's all bagged (yes i am bagger) and i tend to hike every 2nd Sunday weather permitting! I usually hike alone but don't mind company as long as its not mountain search and rescue as i'm not ready to be airlifted just yet :p.Im 36 reasonably fit (kinda) or just determined and stay in Inversneckie!
Highlander282

Munros:228   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs