walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Walking Partner for Kintail Region 9-13th April 2018

Walking Partner for Kintail Region 9-13th April 2018

Postby JimmySquirrel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi All,

I'm heading up to Plockton for the week 9-13th April 2018 and I'm looking to grab 2/3 days out in the mountains in the surrounding areas either Kintail or Glan Carron/Torridon. I will walk on my own but happy to hook up with anyone who fancies some company and are thinking of walking in these areas over this time. Maybe utilise having two cars for a linear ridge walk etc.?

I'm 47 year old male with good level fitness and walking experience in Snowdonia, Peaks, Lakes and Highlands and have bagged a few Munros walking solo in Glen Shiel on both north and south ridges over the last couple of years in wintery and non-wintery conditions.

I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any particular walks in mind. I just want to get into the mountains for a little mountain therapy :)

Age or sex irrelevant.

Give me shout if you fancy some company.

James.
JimmySquirrel
Munro compleatist

Munros:29   
Hewitts:31
Wainwrights:17   

Re: Walking Partner for Kintail Region 9-13th April 2018

Postby Coop » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:40 pm

If it was a week later id hook up .

Im basing myself in Ratagan for a few days from the 16th and hoping to include Beinn Sgritheall and Beinn Fhada.

All the best
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Postby JimmySquirrel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. If I could I would stay up longer but alas I have to head home on the 15th. They were on my plan last year but weather wasn't permitting unfortunately. Hope you have a great time and take care.
JimmySquirrel
Munro compleatist

Postby gld73 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 pm

I'm free on 12th or 13th April if you maybe fancy doing something like the 5 Sisters or 3 Brothers in Kintail - I live in Inverness but haven't been there long, so everyone I know here who likes hill walking has already done these ridge walks. It'd be good to do it with someone for the 2-car solution rather than wait for the bus!
gld73

Munros:178   Corbetts:76
Fionas:69   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:94   Hewitts:60
Wainwrights:107   Islands:13

Postby JimmySquirrel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi, that would be great, 12th sounds a like good date and I was looking at either five sisters or the brothers, weather depending, but transport was always the issue going solo. I'd be happy with either :D
JimmySquirrel
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs