walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Walk with me (for science)?

When are you free to meet?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:54 am

July 21 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 21 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
July 22 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 22 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
July 23 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 23 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
July 25 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 25 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
July 26 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 26 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
July 27 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 27 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
July 28 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 28 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
July 29 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 29 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
July 30 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 30 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
July 31 Anagach Woods
No votes
July 31 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
August 1 Anagach Woods
No votes
August 1 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
August 2 Anagach Woods
No votes
August 2 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
August 3 Anagach Woods
No votes
August 3 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes
August 4 Anagach Woods
No votes
August 4 Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment
No votes

Total votes : 0

Walk with me (for science)?

Postby yaelteff » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:54 am

I'm looking for walkers who would be interested in walking in the Cairngorms National Park and be interviewed about their experiences of the Scottish Cairngorms nature. (The interview is only 20 minutes or so out of the walk, and it's a nice experience, I've been told).

I am part of a team of socio-ecological scientists, and I received funding from the EU INTERACT Fund for the research of arctic and sub-arctic areas. These walking interviews have already taken place in the Netherlands, Finland and Israel. And now - I'm in Scotland!

Excursions will leave daily, in mornings, afternoons and evenings between July 20th and August 6th, 2018 in the mornings and afternoons from Grantown on Spey.

In addition to an enjoyable (free) excursion, and a really good excuse to go on a great walk, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to science (with refreshments provided).

We offer two possible trails and can arrange transport to and from the walk:

Trail A: An easy pleasant walk in the Anagach woods and along the River Spey (1-3 hours);
Trail B: A wilder, medium-level walk at the Allt a’Mharcaidh catchment, a little known valley close to Kincraig (3-4 hrs including transportation from Grantown on Spey direct to the start of the walk in a naturally regenerating Scots pine wood).

Families, couples, friends and small groups are good too. 8)

If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact Dr. Jan Dick, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Bush Estate, Penicuik, EH26 0QB, Tel: 0131 445 8578 or write a comment here or find Yael Teff-Seker on Facebook.

We hope to see you soon!
Attachments
Anagach Woods.jpg
Anagach Woods
yaelteff
Mountaineer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs