walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Safe parking for West Highland Way - in Balmaha if possible?

Safe parking for West Highland Way - in Balmaha if possible?

Postby Walking2018 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:44 am

Hi,

I'm in the early stages of planning to walk the West Highland Way, starting in Balmaha if possible, as I understand I can see Conic Hill if I start from there and I don't have time to do the whole thing from Milngavie.

I'll be driving up from the south and the walk plus ben nevis climb will likely take me 4 to 6 days.

Please does anyone know if there are safe and inexpensive car parking options in Balmaha or if not the next best alternative to leave the car and bus in?

Many thanks.
Walking2018
Bird-watcher

Re: Safe parking for West Highland Way - in Balmaha if possi

Postby jmarkb » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am

There is a large, free car park in Balmaha: https://goo.gl/maps/WW6NZnZ3jJs
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs