walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

New member looking for a hill walking buddy

New member looking for a hill walking buddy

Postby EileenSmith » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I am looking for someone to bag munros with, my boyfriend is sick of being dragged up them and my dog is terrible at taking pictures of me at the top... I have climbed 8 so far and looking to climb many more. I stay in Glasgow and have access to a car. I am 28 and would be happy to climb with anyone of any age and gender.

Eileen :D
EileenSmith
Mountain Walker

Munros:7   

Re: New member looking for a hill walking buddy

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:03 am

Hi Eileen

I live a long way south but visit the Highlands regularly - last walks were a couple of weeks ago, see TRs for the kind of thing I do.

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84988
https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84983

I used to do big mountains overseas, and ice-climbing, but knees (I'm aged 55) have slowed me down and I now just walk for pleasure.

I'm fairly flexible about what walks to do, and am happy to re-do hills I've previously walked. Mostly I do Munros but am not aiming to tick them all off, although I do know a couple of Compleatists!

Am back soon, probably staying in Crianlarich, possibly with one friend. May re-do some of the hills round there, or possibly go over to do some of the Bridge of Orchy walks. In early spring I plan to spend a week or so exploring the Munro summits around Glen Lyon and Glen Lochay.

I usually walk alone, or with a small group of guys who come up to the Highlands sometimes with me, our most recent walk a few weeks ago (not Scotland)

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=84637

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Postby Patxi » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Hiya,
I am based in Inverness but keen to drive and explore munros. I got different days OFF every week but normally know it in advance. Now that cold weather is approaching my girl doesn't join me so I would be delighted to get some company up there
Patxi
Hill Bagger

Munros:8   

Postby edcurrie » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi Eileen,

I am Glasgow based (North Glasgow/East Dunbartonshire) and regularly doing the munro's on my weekends at the moment.
Did my first one 3 years ago and now at number 73.
Had been doing them regular with wife and kids but they all busy now with other interests and not quite as munro mad as me for the moment...
Over the next few weekends I will be doing ones in Glencoe , Bridge of Orchy, Crianlarich , Killin and dumgoyne hill (not munro but very local steep training hill for me up the Campsies on edge of Glasgow).
I'd be interested in a joint walk for any of these if you interested....I'm 49 and trying to do as many as I can at the moment while the knees are (just about) still holding up :)

....any others also welcome to join...

Thanks
Ed
edcurrie
Mountain Walker

Munros:99   

Postby ashleighmcq » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:24 am

Hi Eileen,

New member here also, I done a load of munros when I was at college, but cant remember which ones exactly. So would like to start doing them again, now that I am old enough to appreciate them and remember which ones haha. Just starting out but would like to join with some of yous if possible. I am in Paisley but drive as well. :D

Ashleigh (29)
ashleighmcq
Hill Bagger

Postby Highlander282 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi Eileen
I’m in Inverness and bagging myself. I tend to do it every 2nd weekend on a Sunday (25th November my next) weather permitting. I’m happy to bag with anyone but your dog may still be a better photographer than me and no doubt fitter .
Highlander282

Munros:228   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   

Postby henoctasus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi Eileen and everyone who posted a reply here,

I would like to continue bagging Munros throughout winter and am always happy to bring along friends or meet new walkers when I'm not by myself.

I'm 29, based in Glasgow and have a car as well if needed. I'm out most weekends.

Cheers,
Vlad
henoctasus
Mountain Walker

Munros:187   Corbetts:27
Fionas:4   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   
Islands:11

Postby Mark138 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Hey Eileen! I'm based just outside of Glasgow, I've only done a few munroes, but I'm trying to head out every Sunday weather permitting, would be good to have other people to have a laugh with on the hills, :lol:
Mark138
Munro compleatist

Munros:5   

Postby Traveldogfriendly » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi Eileen,

I'm planning on a trip for a week or so with my Border Collie dog (7-year Male) this year. As I'm coming from Austria by car I will probably do something between Edinburgh and Glasgow - not yet an exact idea!
Would love to meet up for some walks together - especially as it seems that you know the area.

Melanie
Traveldogfriendly

Postby SwaleyP » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi Eileen,

I’m based in Southern Edinburgh and head to Highlands every month. I have 20 left and always happy to take any up and join. I tend to walk during weeks but happy at weekends. I always bring my pooch Skye.

Drop me a line if you wish.

Heading up Ben cleuch Fife tomorrow
SwaleyP
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   

Postby Bard » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi Eileen,

I am based in Motherwell and I head north every month to conquer a munro or corbett. Just give a shout :D
Bard
Hill Bagger

Munros:58   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Pearson1987 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Based in Glasgow (west end) anyone fancy a buddy give me a shout,
Have car

Ste (31)
Pearson1987
Mountain Walker

Munros:3   
Fionas:1   

Postby Looby lou » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:16 am

Hi Eileen, I've just moved to Stirling and looking for hill walking buddies too. I've done about 25 munros and keen to do more and other hills and walks too. I can walk during the week and at weekends. Please give me a shout if you are still looking for a regular walking partner or if you have any walks planned.
Looby lou
Munro compleatist

Munros:222   

Postby Bearded Wanderer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:12 pm

I am probably the wrong side of the country (just outside Dunfermline) but if you or indeed anyone else browsing the thread is seeking a walking partner, either for the hills or for longer low-level hikes please feel encouraged to get in touch with me. I am open to single days or weekends, plus possibly irregular longer trips.
Bearded Wanderer
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs