walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

30 or 31 March munro walk FROM ABERDEEN

30 or 31 March munro walk FROM ABERDEEN

Postby StephD » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:27 pm

HI everyone, I am looking for a walking buddy for either Saturday 30th or Sunday 31st March, to do a munro or two starting at Braemar or Aviemore.
I am visiting Aberdeen for the weekend and my friend Lucy and I would love to get out and do a hill. The forecast doesn't look toooo bad but I'll monitor it. The really cheeky bit is that we need a lift - neither of us have transport. We can pay petrol, plan the route, do the navigating, bring snackies, and can be as chatty/entertaining or as taciturn as you like!

Maybe Cairnwell group, or Bynack More, or very willing to be flexible if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance :)

Steph
StephD

Munros:155   Corbetts:20
Fionas:11   Donalds:16

Re: 30 or 31 March munro walk FROM ABERDEEN

Postby Coop » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:35 pm

Cant help with the lift - sorry
But you could plan a bus from Aberdeen to either braemar or Aviemore- do a hill or 2 , stay in one of the hostels, maybe do a hill or 2 on the Sunday and catch a bus home
All the best and hope you get out and you get the weather
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:52+16
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:65   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs