walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Hill-walking pal sought

Hill-walking pal sought

Postby Bearded Wanderer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi

I'm looking for a hill-walking friend or two. I'm more interested in a good walk than box ticking, so would rather climb an interesting Corbett than a boring Munro. I have climbed several dozen, and would like to add to that.

I don't have my own transport, but am only a short detour from the M90 in Fife, and can pay my share of petrol money. I also have an extensive OS map collection and the skills to use them, so newbies welcome.

I also enjoy long-distance walks, but am more interested in company in the hills. I'm amenable to single day trips, weekends and, if we can arrange it, longer excursions.

I'm male and 46, but your age and gender are irrelevant, as far as I'm concerned. Canine companions more than welcome too.
Bearded Wanderer
Hill Bagger

Re: Hill-walking pal sought

Postby Arthurs Eat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Hi BW!

I'm based in Edinburgh and regularly travel the M90. I'm off to a slow start, no start this year actually. I am a bit of a box ticker but enjoy getting into the areas I would otherwise not go. My main object is Munro's but I've also discovered the joys of Wainrights and corbetts too. If you look at my Munro's map you'll see my main area of interest is the north west. I'm 55 and working up to fitness again. If you have any plans let me know.

Cheers

Calum
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:14   Donalds:31
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:17 am

Ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Ahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Shiver me wossnames, splice the mizzenthingy and other nautical jargon.... :shock:

When trapped in a bothy miles from anywhere in a terrible blizzard, do you:
(a)Eat your companion?
(b)Eat your boots, then eat your companion?
(c)Wait until you are cold and hungry, then eat your companion?

Chaplin Eats Shoes In The Gold Rush#r.jpg
Boots for tea; The Gold Rush
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Bard » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:47 am

Hiya!
I do beside Munros, Corbetts, Donalds and Grahams and I own a car. I am based in Glasgow and I m on hike most weekends :D
Bard
Hill Bagger

Munros:58   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Bearded Wanderer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Private messages duly sent. Further contact from anyone else interested still welcome!
Bearded Wanderer
Hill Bagger

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 am

Bearded Wanderer wrote:Private messages duly sent. Further contact from anyone else interested still welcome!

For some reason your private message has not appeared in my inbox.... :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Bearded Wanderer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:
Bearded Wanderer wrote:Private messages duly sent. Further contact from anyone else interested still welcome!

Sorry. It wasn't clear that was an expression of interest in hiking together. It seemed tangential. I apologise for misreading.

In answer to your question, it would depend on which is more appetising - sweaty hillwalker, old boots or more pasta and TVP. Why?
Bearded Wanderer
Hill Bagger

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:20 pm

Bearded Wanderer wrote:
Caberfeidh wrote:

Sorry. It wasn't clear that was an expression of interest in hiking together. It seemed tangential. I apologise for misreading.

In answer to your question, it would depend on which is more appetising - sweaty hillwalker, old boots or more pasta and TVP. Why?

TVP ? Does that mean Transvestite Pirates? Like Robert De Niro in Stardust?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwij37bEitLhAhWKTBUIHTxDBaMQwqsBMAJ6BAgKEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_NrqftLip64&usg=AOvVaw0a-ggfWWfaCtq8r6zuddkW
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby eve52 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:27 am

Hi, Im keen to get out walking and Tuesdays and Wednesdays my best days at the moment. Haven't got an extensive OS collection but rekindling a love of outdoors and also would appreciate some company for wanders. Newbie at the moment, ticking off few skills courses and learning as I go .Thanks Eve
eve52

Postby BeagNomad » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi BW & AE,

I am a keen long distance walker and have been doing my Munro's over the years and hoping to get quite a few completed around this wonderful time of the year. I am based in the central belt. I too have a lot of hills to cover in the North West which require a long drive and a camp. Let me know if you are keen to walk or anyone else that is reading this post. I am available over some weekends and some days during the week.

Happy Springtime Walking !!
BeagNomad
Stravaiging

Postby Bard » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:23 am

Hiya,
I am based in Glasgow and I own a car. Always for a company and available on most weekends
Bard
Hill Bagger

Munros:58   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Dunfie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 am

The Cioch MC in Dunfermline run day walks and weekend meets. We also try and organise car shares where we can.

I appreciate some people are put off by clubs but it might be worth looking into as we are just along the road from you.
Dunfie
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:4   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:70
Wainwrights:132   Islands:5

Postby Bearded Wanderer » Fri May 03, 2019 10:41 pm

Dunfie wrote:I appreciate some people are put off by clubs but it might be worth looking into as we are just along the road from you.

Yes, I admit I am one of those put off by clubs. Someone always uses it as an excuse to booze afterwards, which very much spoils things. I have nothing against a pint at the end of the day, provided it's not the driver, but in a group there is always someone who either doesn't know when to stop or thinks it's what you do in a group.

It's worth flagging it up for those who feel otherwise, however,
Bearded Wanderer
Hill Bagger

Postby G17erf » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:59 am

Bearded Wanderer wrote:Hi

I'm looking for a hill-walking friend or two. I'm more interested in a good walk than box ticking, so would rather climb an interesting Corbett than a boring Munro. I have climbed several dozen, and would like to add to that.

I don't have my own transport, but am only a short detour from the M90 in Fife, and can pay my share of petrol money. I also have an extensive OS map collection and the skills to use them, so newbies welcome.

I also enjoy long-distance walks, but am more interested in company in the hills. I'm amenable to single day trips, weekends and, if we can arrange it, longer excursions.

I'm male and 46, but your age and gender are irrelevant, as far as I'm concerned. Canine companions more than welcome too.

Bearded wanderer, im based in Kirkcaldy and love getting out, i need a kick up the rearend as i find myself lately thinking its too far for a day yadda yadda
Me and my pooch would happily tag along a few walks (im happy to drive) im afraid im a list ticker but not in any order or preference. Just a day out on a new hill suits me.
Drop me a message and we will arrange something, wont be till october now im afraid if thats okay
G17erf
Hill Bagger

Munros:56   Corbetts:2
Fionas:14   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:6   Islands:9

Postby thomsok » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi,

I am based in Dunfermline, trying to get a few more days in the hills done, mostly Munro's but also keen on others as well.

If anyone has anything planned let me know, will be trying to get out on Saturday 21st Sept!

Kelvin
thomsok
Mountain Walker

Munros:176   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:2   Islands:28

Next

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs