walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Newbie looking for hookups for long day walks in June

Newbie looking for hookups for long day walks in June

Postby pinetreeman » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi - I'm looking to fix up a long day's walk on a weekend or two in June and beyond. I'm Aberdeen area, car owner and happy to drive. Done quite a bit in Cairngorms and that's fine but can go south or west to see some different terrain. Possibly Perthshire, Crianlarich Hills where I've done some walking already. I'm 53 and male, reasonably fit, use a GPS (could do with improving paper maps skills), and happy to walk with anyone with a sense of humour. I tend to go by Mountain Weather Info Service and avoid horizontal rain and gales.
pinetreeman
Mountaineer

Munros:21   Corbetts:7
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Newbie looking for hookups for long day walks in June

Postby Arthurs Eat » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:22 pm

Just post when you're planning to go out and see who turns up.
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:17   Donalds:38
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Postby pinetreeman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:18 am

:) will do, thanks
pinetreeman
Mountaineer

Munros:21   Corbetts:7
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby catriona87 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm

I'm a fellow newbie looking for a hill walking buddy. I tend to go hill walking at weekends but can be flexible work wise if Mountain Weather info says we're in for a cracking hill day. I'm 32, female and decent fitness. Hoping to head out this weekend.

Cat
catriona87
Hill Bagger

Munros:131   

Postby Highlander282 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:49 pm

Im a munro bagger and like to get out every 2nd sunday (not this sunday) im ok with company if anyone is up for it. I like to get long hikes done and im an early bird.
Matt
Highlander282

Munros:228   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   

Postby catriona87 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:34 am

Hi Matt. Let me know what your plans are for next Sunday as I'd be keen to join.

Cat
catriona87
Hill Bagger

Munros:131   

Postby JoshSmall » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Hey Guys. New on here as well but would love to get out more. Looking for a partner to go out with.
Since the academic year is over I'm free to explore and hike most of the time. Always up for a spontaneous hike.
Josh
JoshSmall
Mountain Walker

Postby neil m » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi Folks,

Ime a 50 year old man living in Aberdeen (reasonably fit) and, always looking for someone to get out and about the hills with.

Tend to have a fair bit of spare time so can manage midweeks, as well as weekends given a bit of notice.

I do all hills from Munros to sub 2000s, but do prefer to avoid the bad weather if I can. :D

Anyone interested in meeting up just give me a PM.
neil m
Mountaineer

Munros:55   Corbetts:22
Fionas:18   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:8   

Postby annaguy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi
I am based in Inverness I have done 40 munros so far and I walk at a moderate pace mainly on Sundays and sometimes Saturdays. I 40-year-old female and looking for hiking buddies.
annaguy
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:129
Fionas:61   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:18   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs