walkhighlands

How to... guides to Walkhighlands

Mullach Clach a'Bhlair and Sgor Gaoith

Mullach Clach a'Bhlair and Sgor Gaoith

Postby BIG BAD VIC » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:44 pm

MULLACH CLACH A'BHLAIR AND SGOR GAOITH
LOOKED AT THE ROUTES FROM "WALKHIGHLAND", BOTH MUNROS ARE LISTED AS SEPARATE DAYS OUT, TAKING IN 2 DAYS TRAVELLING FROM STIRLING AND RETURN. (TOTAL TIME TRAVEL 10 HOURS, DISTANCE 456 MILES)
I DOWNLOADED THE GPS ROUTE FROM "LES STUART, 02/06/2010), THIS I FOLLOWED AND DID BOTH MUNROS IN JUST OVER 7 HOURS.
MANY THANKS TO LES FOR A PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD ROUTE TO INCLUDE BOTH MUNROS IN ONE DAY.
"The MUNROS Scotland's Highest Mountains" by Cameron McNeish also list this walk as a one day outing.
Why does "WALKHIGHLANDS" list this as 2 walks
BIG BAD VIC
Mountaineer

Munros:113   

Re: Mullach Clach a'Bhlair and Sgor Gaoith

Postby basscadet » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

The routes on walkghighlands are not infinite, but rather a collection of over 2000 walks that the sites authors have been on. One of the brilliant things about the site is the fact that the site owners have actually been on the walks, and so are able to give a unique insight which you can't find on the map. I will point out that Paul and Helen are only two people!
Scotlands hills have infinite variations of hills you can link up or not, and nowhere is there a fully comprehensive list of all the routes that are possible - that would be a pretty tall order! :lol:
Why not go on a navigation course, or get some map skills yourself? That way you can make your own decisions about which hills would be good to link up. Far more satisfying in the long run :wink:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Help - how to use Walkhighlands