walkhighlands

How to... guides to Walkhighlands

Hebridean Way

Hebridean Way

Postby martinrpalmer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Can someone tell me where the walk directions for the Hebridean Way are on this site and if they are not here, as I suspect why not? It does exist, its signed and we walked a section of it yesterday, so where is it?
martinrpalmer

Re: Hebridean Way

Postby malky_c » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:38 pm

I assume because Paul and Helen haven't walked it yet, or commissioned anyone else to produce a description. It is fairly new after all, and some parts only really exist in theory. They do have the Harris Walkway, which is the route that it follows across the whole of Harris, and maybe some other bits and pieces.
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Re: Hebridean Way

Postby Paul Webster » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi Martin

We're aware of it, though we don't really think it's finished until it reaches the Butt of Lewis as was/is originally planned. Quite a few bits are on roads etc. at present or just bog, and we've also been discouraged from trying to provide any sort of official guide, as the local group wanted to fund their own site.

We wouldn't rule it out completely for the future, but we've no plans to cover it at the moment.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Help - how to use Walkhighlands