walkhighlands

How to... guides to Walkhighlands

Possible bug in the "general" walks map

Possible bug in the "general" walks map

Postby Fraccalo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi,

I'm having some troubles using the "general" map where all the starting points of the walks are shown.
The problem is that I can't see the pins (hence I can't select) of the individual walks, but only the number of walks in a certain area. Below a couple of examples:

Here I'm at the max zoom possible, and still can't see the individual pins that mark the starting point of the walks.
Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 10.53.33.png

Here I can see a couple of pins (and I can select them) but I can't select the individual three routes on the top-right corner of the img.
Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 10.53.33.png

Is there any workaround to this problem? I used to us this functionality quite a lot and I really miss it!
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 10.56.17.png
Fraccalo

Munros:4   

Re: Possible bug in the "general" walks map

Postby nigheandonn » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:30 pm

If you click on the number, do you see a kind of star of pins, joined by lines to the central point? If so, you should be able to click on the pins - I think it happens when more than one walk starts from exactly the same spot.
nigheandonn
Wanderer

Munros:19   Corbetts:9
Fionas:7   Donalds:26+10
Sub 2000:64   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:214   Islands:34

Postby Fraccalo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:18 pm

nigheandonn wrote:If you click on the number, do you see a kind of star of pins, joined by lines to the central point? If so, you should be able to click on the pins - I think it happens when more than one walk starts from exactly the same spot.

Hi nigheandonn and thxfor your answer. Unfortunately clicking on the numbers doesn't work any more (at least for me, it used to work in the past but can't have it behaving with either google chrome or safari...)
Fraccalo

Munros:4   

Postby Paul Webster » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:03 pm

I've not been able to reproduce this error.

There is a chance that you have a corrupted file in your browser cache, that is preventing the multiple walk starts from expanding. This should clear for you after a month. If it is the case, it ought to work when you try another browser.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Help - how to use Walkhighlands