walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Lightweight Trail Shoes

Lightweight Trail Shoes

Postby largeruk » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:32 pm

I'm looking for walking/trail/running shoes for walking/hiking and perhaps some running.

I'd prefer them to be lightweight with grippy soles and preferably decent ankle support. Also need something with a rounded front that doesn't squash my toes! I'd really like them to be waterproof too but understand this may not be possible.

My budget isn't large so I need something cheap-ish (pref. <£50) but decent - I realise this may be a contradiction in terms but beggars can't be choosers!

They will be used mainly on gravel paths, grassy trails and some uneven ground.

I have a pair of Brashers for winter/very wet conditions but find these heavy and over-the-top for the kind of trails and walking I'm intending to do over the next few months.

Given my limited budget, I realise my options may be restricted and perhaps involve some degree of compromise.

I'm at an utter novice re this kind of shoe so any advice/recommendations anyone can give based on their own experiences would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps, I'm a UK6.5/EU40 and take a normal sized width shoe and boot.

Many many thanks.

Cheers
largeruk

Re: Lightweight Trail Shoes

Postby scoob999 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 pm

scoob999
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Postby yellowbelly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:30 pm

Would echo what Scoob said - I've got a pair and they'll do the job. You won't find a better price than this, I paid £120 for mine over a year ago. Be careful on the sizing, you might need 1 size bigger than you currently wear.
yellowbelly
Wanderer

Munros:59   Corbetts:7
Fionas:2   
Hewitts:125
Wainwrights:214   

Postby bydand_loon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:17 pm

yellowbelly wrote:Would echo what Scoob said - I've got a pair and they'll do the job. You won't find a better price than this, I paid £120 for mine over a year ago. Be careful on the sizing, you might need 1 size bigger than you currently wear.

325s on sportpursuit just now for £64, only got 7.5 & 8.5 left now though
bydand_loon
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk