walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Scarpa Ribelle Lite OD vs HD /CL HD

Scarpa Ribelle Lite OD vs HD /CL HD

Postby malrc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Just wondering if anyone has tried one or both of these models and could elaborate on any differences worth considering. Both should suit my needs (a 3 season, light and fast, boot that will work for general hill-walking as well as some scrambling and occasional winter use), but difficult to establish clear differences between them beyond the Lite being a bit lighter and not quite as warm.

Any feedback on durability, grip, utility would be much appreciated.

Note: I have tried them on separately and hope to do a proper side-by-side this weekend.
malrc

Munros:12   
Hewitts:5
Islands:3

Re: Scarpa Ribelle Lite OD vs HD /CL HD

Postby malrc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:22 pm

Apologies for the double post, I should probably clarify that I'm considering the HD and CL HD models to be the same for purposes of comparison against the Lite OD. Scarpa's website suggests the only difference is the 'plush leather' lining on the CL which is the same weight but slightly warmer and £15 dearer...
malrc

Postby FraserHughes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:45 am

I can't answer your question I'm afraid but Scarpa's UK distributor are The Mountain Boot Co. They are really helpful; I'd suggest giving them a buzz: 0191 296 0212

https://www.mountainboot.co.uk/
FraserHughes

Postby malrc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:26 pm

Much appreciated, Fraser. I've dropped them an email asking for an explanation of the differences and will give them a call if required.
malrc

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk