walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Mountain Equipment - Fitzroy Jacket

Mountain Equipment - Fitzroy Jacket

Postby goral85 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:27 pm

Hi Folks,

I am looking to get the ME Fitzroy Jacket, before it becomes a £350+ Gore-tex beast next year.
Does anyone here have this jacket? Just wondering what size I should get (trying to avoid the 'to a fro' of online purchases/returns)? I am a Large in Patagonia Micro Puff.

I know that Fitzroy is oversized but I will most likely wear it as a standalone jacket, rather than on top of 15 layers and not sure if Medium would fit me or not.

Any word of advice is more than welcome!
goral85
Mountain Walker

Munros:38   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:11   

Re: Mountain Equipment - Fitzroy Jacket

Postby shinenotburn » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:01 pm

Morning,

I have a Fitzroy in a large and I have been very impressed with it. I'm 6 foot with a 40 inch chest and use it mainly as the winter booster layer over shell etc. It was also brilliant while waiting for trains during the Beast from the East. The hoods great and the pockets massive. It still packs up small if you squeeze it into a dry bag. I would be pretty confident that a medium would fit if I just wore it over a shirt.

All that said the Fitzroy is very deliberately designed by ME to be a belay/booster/wear over anything and everything jacket and does that very well. Is there not something else that would meet your needs better?

Iain.
shinenotburn
Mountaineer

Munros:212   Corbetts:16
Fionas:7   Donalds:27
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   

Postby fireman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:26 pm

Brilliant jacket, but I’d size down, I’m 5’10” with 44” chest and I have size XL. Plenty room if I want a fleece underneath, but really not necessary. Shop around as it is available in the sales
fireman
Mountain Walker

Munros:97   Corbetts:23
Fionas:21   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:31   

Postby goral85 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:36 am

fireman wrote:Brilliant jacket, but I’d size down, I’m 5’10” with 44” chest and I have size XL. Plenty room if I want a fleece underneath, but really not necessary. Shop around as it is available in the sales

Thanks!
I 5'11 and 44 chest and ended up getting a Large. It fits very well, overall feels like a great jacket. I did end up getting a really good deal as well.
goral85
Mountain Walker

Munros:38   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:11   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk