walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Dog Water Bottle

Dog Water Bottle

Postby wildgoose1uk » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:33 pm

Hi

Do folks have any recommendations for water bottles for their dogs? Most of my walking at the moment is coastal so there are no streams etc. I don't really want to bring his bowl with me so I was looking at specifically designed bottles for dogs but although there are loads of different ones for sale there are not too may UK based reviews.

Thx in advance
wildgoose1uk
Wanderer

Re: Dog Water Bottle

Postby Backpacker » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:52 pm

I’ve got a petkit eversweet I bought from Amazon for the dog. Holds about 500ml and has a carbon filter (not that it’s really needed as she prefers a manky puddle)
Backpacker
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:115
Fionas:38   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:57   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Postby Marty_JG » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:54 pm

You might not want to bring their home bowl, but have you considered a a collapsible silicone bowl that weighs next to nowt?

It's why I use, means you don't have to carry two sets of water.
Marty_JG
Backpacker

Munros:10   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:3

Postby wildgoose1uk » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:11 pm

I don't need it to have a filter, at least not at this point. Although it's not a bad price for it.

I like the idea of a collapsible bowl. I got put off them in the past when the one we had kept tipping over. They look better now though, either they have massively improved or I just bought the wrong one before.
wildgoose1uk
Wanderer

Postby KatTai » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:46 pm

I use collapsable silicone bowls and just share the water I take, never had a problem with them tipping.
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:53   
Islands:32

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:11 am

wildgoose1uk wrote:I don't need it to have a filter, at least not at this point. Although it's not a bad price for it.

But remember it's seven times as much in dog money... :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby grizzlyj » Fri May 28, 2021 8:12 pm

My problem with bowls unless staying put for a while is our little mutt might want a dribble or a litre, you can never tell. So you can end up throwing a lot away.

We recently got what is basically a big hamster bottle (so I'm told, I've never had a hamster), so has a wobbly ball valve that lets out a dribble when he laps at it. Works really well, holds 750ml, non leak cap, not built like a tank but has been durable enough so far.

Search for a Long Paws Lick’ N Flow Dog Water Bottle

:)
grizzlyj
Wanderer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk