walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Import Duties

Re: Import Duties

Postby AyrshireAlps » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:03 pm

Aye, thought as much, cheers Marty.
AyrshireAlps
Stravaiging

Postby Veryhappybunny » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Also even if it doesn’t cost more it can certainly take quite a bit longer to arrive. I had several weeks delay on something small and cheap posted from Slovenia (which I had thought was coming from the UK), so it is certainly worth double checking where it is if you need something in a rush.
Veryhappybunny
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:158
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:90
Wainwrights:163   Islands:8

Postby malrobb » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:05 am

Just to close this off. I got the bill for £79.82 for import duties. This was just paid through DHL and sleeping bag arrives today. Thanks all for the input to this thread.

Mal
malrobb
Mountain Walker

Munros:201   

Postby Mal Grey » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:55 am

malrobb wrote:Just to close this off. I got the bill for £79.82 for import duties. This was just paid through DHL and sleeping bag arrives today. Thanks all for the input to this thread.

Mal

Good to know, hope you like it. Friends who have them rate them highly, and the down quality is certainly very good.

So, assuming the original listed price was indeed £299 on their website, as per your link, you paid just under 27% in duties, handling and VAT then? Just thought it might be a guide for others shown as a percentage.

Of course, now you have a bag that will be comfortable to -15c, it'll turn too warm to use it for ages! :D
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby malrobb » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:28 pm

Just a slight correction. I am quite tall so had to pay more for a longer bag so I paid £344 for the bag itself so the import duties is just over 23%. I bought it for a trip to the Himalayas in October/November so will be glad of the warmth if the trip happens. The buying of the kit almost is as much as the trip itself!
malrobb
Mountain Walker

Munros:201   

Postby Mal Grey » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:51 pm

malrobb wrote:Just a slight correction. I am quite tall so had to pay more for a longer bag so I paid £344 for the bag itself so the import duties is just over 23%. I bought it for a trip to the Himalayas in October/November so will be glad of the warmth if the trip happens. The buying of the kit almost is as much as the trip itself!

Thanks for the update, I thought it was a little high. Hope you don't mind the nosiness, thought it might help others.

Hope the trip happens, it will be amazing, but a good down bag like that will last for many trips to come.
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk