walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Proper Walking Breeches?

Proper Walking Breeches?

Postby thedonalds » Sat May 01, 2021 10:48 pm

Being of a certain age I like to wear traditional walking breeches and I am struggling to find a new pair with the proper fit. That is, a leg length that stops at my knee. Now there's plenty of plus-4 types where the bottom of the leg ends somewhere around the middle/lower end of ones shin and they are designed to be folded up to look 'sporty' for the shooting types but what I want are breeches with a leg length that stops at my knee, which relates to an inside leg measurement of around 18". Does anyone know of any of the makers that produce such a thing? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
thedonalds
Walker

Munros:22   Corbetts:7
Fionas:22   Donalds:87+48
Sub 2000:24   
Islands:26

Re: Proper Walking Breeches?

Postby Skyelines » Sun May 02, 2021 12:57 am

Skyelines
Wanderer

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun May 02, 2021 8:19 am

While we are on the subject, I tried on my kilt yesterday for the first time in ages and the waist seems to have shrunk. It no longer fits, and a moth has been at it leaving little holes all over the place. Does anyone know of a decent kilt repair place, preferable around the Glasgow area?
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby thedonalds » Sun May 02, 2021 11:16 am

Thanks to Skyelines for the link........
thedonalds
Walker

Munros:22   Corbetts:7
Fionas:22   Donalds:87+48
Sub 2000:24   
Islands:26

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk