walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Buff Up Your Helmets!

Buff Up Your Helmets!

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:48 am

Helmets! Get your bonce protected for much cheapness at Decathlon with these snazzy bonce protectors at GRRRRRRRRREAT BARGAIN PRICES! For cranial shielding at low, low prices, get off to Decathlon or order on line at www.decathlon.co.uk ! No more of those bashed-in-skull blues! Prevent your brain matter from leaking out of your nostrils like gunge from a trodden-on toothpaste tube! Also look smart. All the birds are gagging for blokes in smart bonce protectors! And ladies: attract the man of your dreams by wearing one of these fascinators! Gays and Lesbians - stand up for your rights against the Patricentral Hetero-Dictatorship by protecting your bonce with one of these fabulous accessories! :shock:

IMG_0118#r.jpg
Bonce protection in a range of colours.

IMG_0117#r.jpg
Available in any colour you like...

IMG_0116#r.jpg
So long as it's blue, or white...
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Re: Buff Up Your Helmets!

Postby Bastonjock » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:16 am

And there was me thinking that you wore a hat like the one in your picture :lol:
Bastonjock
Backpacker

Munros:1   

Postby Caberfeidh » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:17 am

Bastonjock wrote:And there was me thinking that you wore a hat like the one in your picture :lol:

I wear that underneath. For a helmet I use an Austro-Hungarian Pikelhelm looted from a dead guy on the Somme in 1917. Or a Scottish Burgeonet looted from a dead guy in a borders raid near Hawick in 1597... Or a German Coal-Scuttle helmet left me by Uncle Hermann in 1946 after we smuggled him out to Argentina... :shock:

Actually, having read the reviews of those hemets, they seem to have a short strap so better to try before you buy. They also have snow-sports helmets for snow-boarding, skiing etc. which cover the ears, thus saving you from the old Big-Lump-Of-Frozen-Precipitation-Right-In-The-Lughole scenario. Eyeshieds too - don't forget your eyeshields...windblown ice is no fun to the unprotected eyeball.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Bastonjock » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:42 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:
Bastonjock wrote:And there was me thinking that you wore a hat like the one in your picture :lol:

Actually, having read the reviews of those hemets, they seem to have a short strap so better to try before you buy. They also have snow-sports helmets for snow-boarding, skiing etc. which cover the ears, thus saving you from the old Big-Lump-Of-Frozen-Precipitation-Right-In-The-Lughole scenario. Eyeshieds too - don't forget your eyeshields...windblown ice is no fun to the unprotected eyeball.

Long time ago , I was woken up.at around 2am ,and told 20 minutes and your in the water ,i pulled on my thermal undersuit put my hard hat on and donned my rig boots ,the sleet was driving across the Jack up fit deck , I could hardly see , I now fully appreciate the need for goggles
After putting on the freezing cold diving gear I was then lowered over the side and into the North sea ,it was 130ft to the bottom :crazy:
Bastonjock
Backpacker

Postby Bastonjock » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:42 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:

Long time ago , I was woken up.at around 2am ,and told 20 minutes and your in the water ,i pulled on my thermal undersuit put my hard hat on and donned my rig boots ,the sleet was driving across the Jack up fit deck , I could hardly see , I now fully appreciate the need for goggles
After putting on the freezing cold diving gear I was then lowered over the side and into the North sea ,it was 130ft to the bottom :crazy:
Bastonjock
Backpacker

Postby AyrshireAlps » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:23 am

Aye, goggles made their way into my pack on friday, and they'll be with me in the hills til about April!.
AyrshireAlps
Stravaiging

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:02 pm

Bastonjock wrote: ...I was then lowered over the side and into the North sea ,it was 130ft to the bottom :crazy:

It may have been a more comfortable environment down there. :shock: At least there are no midgies.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby brpro26 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:29 pm

Those helmets don't look very shiny... :shock:
brpro26

Munros:220   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:9   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk