walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Eurohike Nova 25 Daypack

Eurohike Nova 25 Daypack

Postby cruachan06 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:43 pm

Wondering if anyone has any experience of these packs or similar ones? They're on sale for £10 at Blacks right now, and I'm considering getting one. Currently using an Under Armour backpack for day hikes and whilst there's nothing wrong with it I do end up with a very sweaty back on hot days. The Eurohike one does claim to have back ventilation but the reviews I found online don't mention this either way.

I know it's only £10 but I'd rather not waste money on something that's not going to be any better than what I already have.

https://www.blacks.co.uk/15980734/eurohike-nova-25l-daysack-15980734
cruachan06
Walker

Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2

Re: Eurohike Nova 25 Daypack

Postby rabthecairnterrier » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:55 pm

In my experience the only packs at all effective at avoiding 'sweaty back syndrome' are those with the so-called 'trampoline' back system which minimizes pack/body contact as much as possible. They do, however, suffer from being sometimes difficult to pack due to the curved shape, and they do push the weight further from the back which can cause problems for some. Despite that, my ancient Dueter Futura 32 is by far the most comfortable of my (many!) daysacks.
The Nova 25 lacks a waistbelt, which will be an issue with anything other than a very light load, and has a zip closure for the main compartment. At this price point the zips will be of dubious quality and are likely to be the first thing to fail, which renders the sack effectively useless (it is possible to have a zip replaced but that would cost more than the price of the sack in the first place).
rabthecairnterrier
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:180
Fionas:129   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:86   Hewitts:110
Wainwrights:56   Islands:41

Re: Eurohike Nova 25 Daypack

Postby cruachan06 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:45 pm

To be fair it's only that price as it's end of line, it's £40 normally. Not that that is a guarantee of quality.

Not worried about carrying a lot of weight, I only carry water, snacks, first aid kit and either spare layers or space to take the spare layers off depending on the vagaries of Scottish weather, it's purely for the comfort factor that I might make a change.
cruachan06
Walker

Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk