walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Beastie reporting app

Beastie reporting app

Postby Pastychomper » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:19 pm

Who else likes to record and report unusual beasties they meet during their wonderings? I've been using the Dragon Finder app to report reptiles and amphibians, and I notice Ben Dolphin's excellent article on the oil beetle recommends iRecord. Recent reviews suggest iRecord has been having some problems, so before I wrestle with it I'd like to read some others' experiences - is it any good, and is there anything better out there?
Pastychomper
Wanderer

Munros:5   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:8   
Islands:5

Re: Beastie reporting app

Postby gld73 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:05 pm

I'm no help - but just replying to say I agree that the oil beetle article was excellent, and I'll be interested if you find out the best app as I'm going to try and pay more attention to the wee beasties I see when out walking now!
gld73

Munros:178   Corbetts:76
Fionas:69   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:94   Hewitts:60
Wainwrights:107   Islands:13

Postby nathan79 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:28 am

Pastychomper wrote:Who else likes to record and report unusual beasties they meet during their wonderings? I've been using the Dragon Finder app to report reptiles and amphibians, and I notice Ben Dolphin's excellent article on the oil beetle recommends iRecord. Recent reviews suggest iRecord has been having some problems, so before I wrestle with it I'd like to read some others' experiences - is it any good, and is there anything better out there?

I've got the iRecord app but I've never used it yet. I much prefer to just take notes and pics at the time then enter the details on the website itself.
nathan79
Hill Bagger

Munros:103   Corbetts:29
Fionas:13   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:15   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:16   Islands:7

Postby Tringa » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:04 pm

This not an app for personal recrding but you can submit sightings in the Highlands here - https://www.hbrg.org.uk/MainPages/AboutHBRG.html

Dave
Tringa

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk