walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Cnoc Bladder

Cnoc Bladder

Postby Low Level Walker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:40 am

I would like to know, does anyone have these and have any issues with the slider?

I bought one a couple of years ago and initially I found it to be an excellent piece of kit. I last used it on the Jubilee week end. I spent 3 days doing the Arran Coastal Way.

Upon returning home and then washing I can no longer get the plastic slider on to seal bladder.

I contacted the retailer that I purchased item from. They contacted Cnoc on my behalf and asked if this would be covered under the terms of warranty and surprisingly they said no. I have to say I was somewhat disappointed and surprised at this. I had maybe only used item on perhaps 5 or 6 long distance hikes.

In my attempts to put slider on it is now nicking and tearing the bladder. It is extremely frustrating and annoying. I guess I can still use it to fill from a water source, but I won’t be able to put slider on. So my option would be to filter straight away after filling. I certainly cannot fill and carry now.

As I said I’m surprised at Cnoc here, and I for one shall not be purchasing any of their items again.

To that end can anyone recommend another suitable soft bladder? The Vecta has piqued my interest. I am looking for one with a 28mm top to allow me to fit my Sawyer mini filter on to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Low Level Walker
Scrambler

Munros:12   Corbetts:8
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:9   Islands:3

Re: Cnoc Bladder

Postby Booga » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:50 am

I don't have one myself but have seen others use them. As far as I remember they are a soft silicone type material. Have you tried a dab of something like vaseline on the slider to help it go back on the bag without catching and tearing it? I work with various silicone and rubber type materials at work (motor industry, nothing kinky! :lol:) and this is a trick we use when materials like this are a bit too "grippy".
Booga
Ambler

Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:5   Islands:12

Postby Low Level Walker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:55 am

Booga wrote:I don't have one myself but have seen others use them. As far as I remember they are a soft silicone type material. Have you tried a dab of something like vaseline on the slider to help it go back on the bag without catching and tearing it? I work with various silicone and rubber type materials at work (motor industry, nothing kinky! :lol:) and this is a trick we use when materials like this are a bit too "grippy".

Thanks for your reply Booga. Yeah after speaking with retailer i purchased from he suggested that. So both myself and wife heavily lubed up with Vaseline (just realise that sounds so bad lol) but again to no avail.

I was wanting her to have a shot just to ensure I wasn’t doing something idiotic. It seems to slide on about half way, and after that it ceases and you end up damaging palm of hand trying to force on.

As I said I’m disappointed in Cnoc but at least I can still use to fill from water source.
Low Level Walker
Scrambler

Munros:12   Corbetts:8
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:9   Islands:3

Postby weaselmaster » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:48 pm

I bought one of these for the CWT.
It worked fine for a bit, then I too had a bit of difficulty getting the slider on - I couldn't quite work out why. Then it seemed to fix itself again, been ok the last few outings.
Its worth noting that if you do get a nick in the silicone, a dab of McNett seam grip will fix that
weaselmaster
Hill Bagger

Munros:277   Corbetts:216
Fionas:183   Donalds:73+30
Sub 2000:391   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:15   Islands:28

Postby WalkWithWallace » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:56 am

That sounds really odd. I've got one of the original Kickstarter Cnoc Outdoors Vectos from a good few years ago and it's still going strong and the slider still works a charm.
WalkWithWallace
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   Corbetts:192
Fionas:57   Donalds:36+0
Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:29   Islands:25
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk