walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Walkhighlands review of Winter daypacks: your views

Re: Walkhighlands review of Winter daypacks: your views

Postby alexmaclennan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 am

The Osprey Varient is down in price to £50 from Cotswolds.

V Comfortable but do need to cut down the long straps otherwise they will whip you in high wind,

alex
alexmaclennan
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:144
Fionas:124   Donalds:70
Sub 2000:88   
Islands:30

Postby 147cjl » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:55 pm

My only comment on these reviews is that they're all weighted to the top end of the market. Of the rucksacks reviewed, the average price was over £100, most of your readers probably won't be paying that (thought i note you have affiliate deals with the retailers listed for each product).

I use the Lowe Alpine Crag Attack 42 (£58) and can't fault it for comfort, quality and practicality, other than the chest strap buckle can be a bit fiddly with gloves.
147cjl
Munro compleatist

Munros:51   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:3   

Postby PhilTurner » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 am

147cjl wrote:My only comment on these reviews is that they're all weighted to the top end of the market. Of the rucksacks reviewed, the average price was over £100, most of your readers probably won't be paying that (thought i note you have affiliate deals with the retailers listed for each product).

I use the Lowe Alpine Crag Attack 42 (£58) and can't fault it for comfort, quality and practicality, other than the chest strap buckle can be a bit fiddly with gloves.

Whilst the mean RRP may be over £100 in this case, we always try to include a good range of price options. In this review the Walkhighlands Recommended pack has a RRP of £60 which is extremely good value, similarly the the Vango Boulder at £38. It's worth noting that a Recommended Retail Price is just that, and one can often find the product significantly cheaper.

The use of affiliate links has no bearing on the items we feature in these reviews - the products are supplied directly from the manufacturer to comply with a specification I provide. This transaction is totally independent of any retailer, including our site sponsors.
PhilTurner

Munros:42   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:26   

Postby EmmaTowle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 pm

I have just purchased the Vango off the back of this review. Found it online for £25 + delivery but ended up just getting it in Tiso for £30. Have so far just been walking about the house with it but looking forward to giving it a proper outing soon. Very glad a lower price bag was reviewed as my budget couldn't stretch much further than that just now :)
EmmaTowle
Ambler

Munros:3   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk