walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Rab Latok Alpine with poss wrong labels!!!

Re: Rab Latok Alpine with poss wrong labels!!!

Postby morag1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:42 pm

rockhopper wrote:you'd be able to shop almost anywhere as you know what you're doing

I agree and im sure Milesy can spot a bargain at twenty paces. For those of us not in his league its an expensive mistake if you buy the wrong thing, thats really what i was trying to say.

:thumbup:
morag1

Postby Glyno » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Actually, I don't think there's a problem here at all.

If I remember correctly, Rab's garments are categorised into different ranges, though a quick look at their website looks like they may no longer.

The ranges were along the lines of - Quantum, Neutrino, Vapour-Rise (and one or two others that I can't remember)

The Lakok Alpine jacket fell (falls) into the Neutrino Category - hence the labelling!

I hope I've not made that too complicated :?
Glyno
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:169
Wainwrights:214   

Postby NickyRannoch » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 pm

It really is worth emailing companies before upsetting yourself.

I have had excellent customer service from Scarpa and Goretex when I have had occassion to contact them. A quick personal response both times.

I really think outdoor gear is the best customer service i receive in my day to day life when compared to banks, utilities, cars and the rest.
NickyRannoch
Mountain Walker

Munros:224   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:9   
Islands:17

Postby 147cjl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:51 pm

lol

If a label has the wrong name on it but the kit is okay and works then so what? Send it back and get the same jacket with a different wee label if it's an issue
147cjl
Munro compleatist

Munros:51   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:3   

Postby Border Reiver » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 am

Just out of interest, and probably not the case here....I was watching the programme "Smugglers", where the cops intercepted a massive load of fake Nike trainers..which led to an Algerian gang being convicted of smuggling loads of fake goods..Nike, Adidas, Armani etc. into the UK from China. The "Nike" trainers were shown to a Nike executive and he said although they were pretty good copies, the main thing that gave it all away was that some of the labels sewn inside were the wrong ones for that paricular model. Apparently, although the Chinese are good at copying, they often cannot distinguish which labels should go in which goods.
Border Reiver
Wanderer

Munros:202   Corbetts:7
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:62
Wainwrights:69   Islands:33

Postby orion » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Ebay is full of North Face and Arc`teryx fakes amongst others.There is a guide on the internet with details of how to spot them.
My pal bought one of the North Face ones when she was in China and it wasn`t half bad for £20 :D
orion

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk