walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Size 12 FOR SALE

Size 12 FOR SALE

Postby Hantswalker » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:14 pm

I have 3 pairs of size 12 boots for sale. I would say all are on the wide side. If the standard Scarpa fit is too narrow for you these will probably fit the bill. If you are interested get in touch and I will send details with photos.

1. AKU Zenith - Brand New in box. This is an all leather 3 season boot and looks and feels luxurious. They have an oversized rand all around for protection against rock scrapes. Quite stiff with plenty of ankle support but remarkably light. The box quotes the size as 12.5 or 47.5 but I would say the fit is snug - I'm a wide 12 and they are perfect.

2. Vasque Wasach GTX - Brand New in box. These are a similar 3 season spec to the AKUs but with a Goretex lining. Looks are more conventional (minus the heavy rand) and the quality is excellent. Size 12.

3. Meindl Nepal - used about a half dozen times. These are all leather 4 season boots in excellent condition. Usual Meindl quality. I would keep them, but living in Hampshire I don't get into the hills in winter any more. Size 12
Hantswalker
Hill Bagger

Munros:267   Corbetts:12
Fionas:1   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:217
Wainwrights:214   Islands:15

Re: Size 12 FOR SALE

Postby balgonie » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:15 am

Hi Hantswalker
I'm actually out later today to buy some new boots, I'll check if they have yours in stock and I'll give them a try, if I like what I see I'll get back to you (12s may be just to big but maybe not!!!)
balgonie
Mountaineer

Munros:139   
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Hantswalker » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi balgonie,

How did you get on?

I find shoe/boot sizing to be a personal thing and wouldn't want to persuade you otherwise. Meindl are the easiest to track down and I have had several pairs over the years and they all seem to fit the same (unlike Raicle/Mammut which differ enormously from style to style). I would say the AKU and Vasque have a very similar fit to the Meindl (noting of course that the AKU is a 12.5).

I should have also said that whilst the Meindls are used they come with the box.

Hantswalker (Stephen)
Hantswalker
Hill Bagger

Postby balgonie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:04 am

Like I said I was out buying boots and unfortunate for yourself I ended up buying a pair after trying many what fitted me best was Scarpa Delta Actuve GTX and I'm waiting on go outdoors to confirm I found cheaper on another site which will mean they're due me £30 :) good luck on your sale and just out of curiosity what price where you looking for for each?
balgonie
Mountaineer

Munros:139   
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Hantswalker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Glad you got some to fit. Chances are mine wouldn't have fitted if the Scarpas suit you. Thanks for the interest.
Hantswalker
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk