walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Zephyros 1 problem

Zephyros 1 problem

Postby tomaspkr » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello, question for Zephyros 1 owners.

Is the cord connecting the inner to the outer supposed to be at an angle like this
2014-06-20 07.43.35.jpg
2014-06-20 07.43.21.jpg
? It appears that some stretch marks are starting to form. I have tried different tensions at various parts and it still looks the same.

Thanks for any information.
tomaspkr
Munro compleatist

Munros:28   Corbetts:2

Re: Zephyros 1 problem

Postby murwilson » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:24 pm

I don't own one of these tents so can't comment on whether that's a feature or not.

It does look like it's under too much tension to me and I'd be inclined to relieve it by tying a short length of cord in there. You might have to experiment with lengths to get it just right but it might be fine with an inch or so.

Is it the same on the other side?

Mur
murwilson

Re: Zephyros 1 problem

Postby JanD » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:27 am

Mine doesn't look like that.

I would agree, you've too much tension somewhere, although there is the result it's not necessarily the cause. Check all other attachments and what you've pulled out where. I can make mine do that if I don't get it completely lined up. Make sure your two end points, where the funny little poles go, line up with eachother and at 45degreees to the big hoop pole. If you've a twist anywhere it may cause this. Look for a slack bit opposing the bit you've photographed, that might give you clue
JanD
Mountaineer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk