walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Osprey Atmos 65 AG Rucksack

Osprey Atmos 65 AG Rucksack

Postby gav501 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi,

I've been looking at replacing my fifteen year old Macpac Traverse rucksack- its a bombproof pack which overs a good deal of water resistance and its fairly comfy too, but with my rekindled interested of backpacking, I'd now like to replace it.

I bought my other half the women's version of the Atmos 65 earlier this year and she seems pleased with it and I'm fairly taken with it myself- with the design and features etc...

I've almost made my mind up and I think it's the one Im going to buy, but I'm slightly concerned about how robust the pack would be etc..

I've tried one on at a shop loaded with weight and it seems to fit well, but I would welcome any reviews from other Osprey Atmos pack owners or any other packs I should consider first?

Thanks,

Gavin.
gav501
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:37
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:14   

Re: Osprey Atmos 65 AG Rucksack

Postby buzzard » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi, I bought the atmos AG 50 about six months ago and can honestly say its the best pack ive ever had. The comfort of this pack is extraordinary. Weights really do seem 40% lighter and with no sweaty back either. On the build quality I have found no fault yet though it is early days but it seems very well constructed. The Ag 65 is the same only with two extra zippered pockets. The stretch mesh panel on the front is also great for wet waterproofs or flysheets and the "stow on the go" pole holders are great if you use poles. This is sounding like an osprey commercial now but I'm genuinely impressed with mine. Go for it! :D
buzzard
Hill Bagger

Munros:9   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:7   

Postby Michael Thomson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:09 pm

I've just published my review of the Atmos.

http://scottishmountaineer.com/osprey-atmos-ag-65-review/
Michael Thomson
Stravaiging

Postby pauly_j » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:48 pm

How does it compare to the likes of the kestrel? I know the back venting seems to be different but I've heard that what you gain in venting, you lose in adjustability.
pauly_j
Scrambler

Postby Michael Thomson » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:35 pm

I didn't have any issues with adjusting it to fit. The back length is on a locking track and the harness has the usual array of slide buckles.
Michael Thomson
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk