walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Boots! Boots! Boots!....So many boots!

Re: Boots! Boots! Boots!....So many boots!

Postby davesbikeshed » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:49 pm

I remembered posting on here 3 years ago. I did buy Altberg Tethera from the factory shop in Richmond in 2015, they did really well, indeed I wore out the sole and they began to leak a wee bit. Just got them resoled and had 4 weeks and 150miles in them, perfect, feet comfortable and dry.

I have now lost count of the number of times i have recommended Altberg. I have no connection with the company, just a satisfied customer.
D
davesbikeshed
Mountaineer

Munros:2   

Re: Boots! Boots! Boots!....So many boots!

Postby Alteknacker » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Another vote for Altberg.

I stopped wearing boots a couple of decades ago, (swapped them for trainers) because I used to get blisters. However, I found eventually that I needed something for moderate snow conditions in late autumn and early spring that would take crampons, was comfortable, and warm (my full winter boots are too stiff for walking in shallow or icy snow)..

After a lot of research I ended up getting Altbergs. So far they've been 100% waterproof, and I've done a full days walking in heavy rain.

BTW it's probably worth your while looking at other "boots" threads on this forum - this subject appears regularly, and there's usually plenty of good advice.
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk