walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Binoculars

Binoculars

Postby Sean21391 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Can anyone recommend some Binocular options?

Don't need the fanciest pair, just generally looking for a good value for money compact pair!

Thanks
Sean21391
Munro compleatist

Munros:29   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Re: Binoculars

Postby Alteknacker » Mon May 09, 2016 2:38 pm

I've recently bought my wife and son RSPB binoculars. They seem to be pretty good value (there's a range of sizes and prices).
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Re: Binoculars

Postby papa smurf » Tue May 10, 2016 8:58 pm

I bought a pair of Opticron CX mini 8x21 for £30 online recently. I posted about them on a previous post about monoculars on here. The reason I bought them is that I have a nice pair of larger Opticron binos but they are too heavy for trekking etc. I'm delighted with the CX mini and they are small enough to go everywhere and good quality for the money.
I do agree with the previous comment re RSPB shops as well, good quality, value and cause.
I suppose you get what you pay for but most of the optics companies will be good quality. The CX mini is old discontinued stock so that usually means you can get a good deal and the new version will be dearer. Plenty of helpful advise online too and lots of explanations of technical terms too.
papa smurf

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk