walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Rucksack for wildcamping?

Re: Rucksack for wildcamping?

Postby davidmhodgey » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:57 am

I'm pretty sure the Xti was the US name for the 400D? I believe it uses the same body as my 500D so it should fit. Think I'll give it a go. At the very least I'll end up with a new pocket to store biscuits!

I've been absent from the forums for a wee while and managed to miss that Glencoe thread. Unfortunately I have plans to visit Elgin those dates :? Sorry I should really turn on the email notifications thing when someone comments on a thread
davidmhodgey

Munros:83   Corbetts:3

Postby Stretch » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:05 am

Ok David, sorry you can't make it.

I'm not sure of the Xti is the same body but I couldn't imagine it being too much bigger if it is different. There probably won't be room for the 18-200mm lens, but the standard one fits fine. Makes it so much easier to take pics as you go.
Stretch
Munro compleatist

Munros:146   Corbetts:8
Sub 2000:2   

Postby fingeez » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Just wondering Stretch

how did the sleeping bag go? As in weight and pack down size?
Been looking at the apkit one aswell, seems pretty good on price and things so some feedback is always good :)

Ross
fingeez
Mountain Walker

Munros:115   Corbetts:3
Islands:11

Postby Stretch » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:07 am

Hi Ross, I got the Alpkit Skyehigh 800 and it was class. Fit nicely at the bottom of my OMM Villian and it is very light. I guess what I was most impressed with was the fact that I could fit comfortably in it, but I did get the Large version. In 40mph wind at 750m I never once got cold. Definetely worth the purchase. The only thing I have to compare it to is a simple Vango bag, but I'd recommend the Alpkit anyhow.
Stretch
Munro compleatist

Munros:146   Corbetts:8

Postby fingeez » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:34 am

Cool sounds good stretch, although i think the regular or more likely the short one would be fine for my hobbit like height haha :)

Hopefuly over the winter time, when im not really going to be out walking as much i can save some extra pennies and kit myself out all ready for plenty of wild high camps :)

Ross
fingeez
Mountain Walker

Munros:115   Corbetts:3
Islands:11

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk