walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

F10 Helium UL2 owners question

F10 Helium UL2 owners question

Postby DBStar » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Last week I purchased an F10 Helium to use for spring to autumn wild camping. I pitched it no problem last weekend at a campsite to make sure I could do so no problems (no garden at home).

The question I have, is that when I open the outer door for the porch, I cannot see any way to hang the door completely out of the way as in all of the pictures. It only has one toggle hook which I use but then half the door hangs down in the way, which isn't all that useful for cooking. I cannot see any further hooks etc anywhere else along the walls of the tent that can be used to attach the flapping end to.

Hopefully this is just a simple question of me being really daft and missing something, :?
DBStar
Mountaineer

Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:7   

Re: F10 Helium UL2 owners question

Postby Narked » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:39 am

I also just bought one of these for an alternate to the wickiup, I've yet to pitch it but i shall be doing it tomorrow and ill get back to you if i spot anything.
Narked
Hill Bagger

Munros:16   
Sub 2000:1   

Re: F10 Helium UL2 owners question

Postby Narked » Tue May 23, 2017 11:45 am

After using this now for a few nights, i think its all how you roll the door.
You can roll it in a way that all the "Slack" is pretty much where the toggle is, this should keep any spare door material out the way.
Narked
Hill Bagger

Munros:16   
Sub 2000:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk