walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Lowa Renegade GTX boots

Lowa Renegade GTX boots

Postby Roland Tattiescone » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with these boots? I am thinking about them for my next pair and they do seem to get a lot of good reviews online. The only doubt I have is that they are nubuck leather and suede. I'm not sure how well these would perform in the Scottish rain and bogs once the Goretex lining inevitably breaks down.

How do nubuck leather boots perform in general or would I be better served with a pair of full leather boots?

Thanks.
Roland Tattiescone
Mountain Walker

Munros:165   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Lowa Renegade GTX boots

Postby EileanB » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:23 am

I have had two pairs of lowa renegades. They do about 1000 miles before the waterproofing gives out (the second pair might have been a bit less), but I use them for LDPs, I did the Pennine Way in a pair, and wear them most days for shorter walks. I have a pair of Altbergs for rough walking and bigger hills.
The thing is, I find them really comfortable. When I go shopping for boots, the minute I try them on, they whisper 'my boots' and I find myself wearing the slightly leaky old ones in preference to the light weight scarpas I bought to replace them.
So it depends what you want them for, and how comfortable you find them, I suppose.
EileanB
Walker

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk