walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

North Face Slippers

North Face Slippers

Postby innkeeper » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:26 pm

HI All
Me and the wife where thinking of a pair of North Face slippers each for winter. We spend best part of Jan/Feb in Spain and all the floors are tiled keep the place cool in in the summer. But really cold floors in the winter. Was just wondering has any one had/got a pair or heard anything about them.
Prices seem to go from £30 to £50 so dont want to waste our cash
innkeeper
Ambler

Re: North Face Slippers

Postby BobMcBob » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:45 pm

I've got a pair, they're great - really warm and comfy. Don't wear them outside as the soles don't seem to last if they get wet but otherwise I recommend.
BobMcBob
Rambler

Munros:73   Corbetts:18
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:12   

Postby Mal Grey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:56 pm

I have a pair of similar Nordisk down slippers that were significantly cheaper than the North Face versions I've seen. I call them my "Bothy slippers" as that's one thing they're perfect for, and they get used for winter bothy trips when its nice to take off the heavy winter Mantas but still have warm feet. They weigh very little, squash flat and are nice and toasty warm. As mentioned, they're not suitable for anything other than the briefest of outdoor forays on dry flat ground.
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby innkeeper » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:52 pm

Thanks
Wont really wear them outside. Had not seen the Nordisk ones. Will wait till next time where in the big city and have a look what they have. Hate buying clothing and footwear off the net as always get the size wrong.
But thanks again
Will say the North Face does seem to have more choice colour wise
innkeeper
Ambler

Postby Ben Nachie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 am

I have a pair. They've lasted well, had them about 7 years and the soles are wearing out now. Very comfy & cosy.
Ben Nachie
Munro compleatist

Postby Robinho08 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:34 pm

I've got a pair, nice and toasty but the soles wear out fairly quick.

Have a look at the Montane booties. Cheaper and less bulky in your pack.
Robinho08
Walker

Munros:54   Corbetts:70
Fionas:9   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:1

Postby OverlandMike » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:07 pm

I've always had a pair of TNF slippers but find I have to replace them every year due to the temptation to wear them outside to let the dog out of the yard for wee. This year I'm definitely going for the Traction Mules as they have a proper rubber sole. Not sure at what point they stop becoming a slipper and start becoming a snow boot though - I've just stumbled across the NSE Tract Moc Light II at Ellis Brigham. They look better for outdoor and winter camping but are a bit dear...
OverlandMike
Munro compleatist

Postby teaandpies » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:51 pm

The £50 pair you can were outside.
teaandpies
Mountain Walker

Munros:116   Corbetts:22
Fionas:9   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:6

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Cozy for the bothy nights and tiled villas in warmer climes? A good pair of Ugg Boots is all you need.

Ugg Boots.jpg
Ugg Boots
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby prog99 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:26 pm

If like me you wear these outside because you can't be bothered to change into something more sensible to take the washing in then you can prolong the life of the soles with a few strips of gaffer tape. I've also a thin insole from an old pair of trainers in mine too.

edit - I've just realised this sounds like a viz top tip :lol:
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Postby BobMcBob » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Oh no that's great. anything that can be improved with gaffer tape is sound in my book :D
BobMcBob
Rambler

Munros:73   Corbetts:18
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:12   

Postby katyhills » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:21 pm

My nephew (when he was a student) used to to turn up the hems of his jeans and fasten them with gaffer tape :D
I have a pair of fake Ugg type things as slippers. I might try the gaffer tape soles for bringing in the washing too!
I'd have thought most of the supermarkets would have something similar to Uggs (which should certainly do the job) and at a fraction of the price. That's where mine came from :)
katyhills
Walker

Munros:120   Corbetts:28
Fionas:7   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:3   

Postby Harko » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 pm

I had a pair and I found them to be way too warm for wearing in the house - but they're probably more suitable for camping, hence the name "tent mules"
Harko
Stravaiging

Munros:51   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Postby lukemunrowalker » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:24 pm

innkeeper wrote:HI All
Me and the wife where thinking of a pair of North Face slippers each for winter. We spend best part of Jan/Feb in Spain and all the floors are tiled keep the place cool in in the summer. But really cold floors in the winter. Was just wondering has any one had/got a pair or heard anything about them.
Prices seem to go from £30 to £50 so dont want to waste our cash

I've had a couple of pairs of these over the years, they're alright, nothing great though. Different versions have different soles, you'll be wanting the heavier ones if you're using them as a regular slipper (ie not a camping salipper) on tiled floors.
lukemunrowalker
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk