walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

New boots

New boots

Postby Shidsy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 am

Hi,

I’m looking to purchase a new pair of walking boots. I’m new this and looking for some help on what to get. I know people say it’s down to the individual and you should go try them on ect but looking to be pointed in the right direction.

Ideally I’d like to spend no more than £100 if possible and be waterproof and goretex.

Thanks.
Shidsy
Hill Bagger

Re: New boots

Postby Coop » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Others could probably recommend more than me but you could spend another 30 or 40 on a half decent scarpa whuch would suit your requirements.

If not I'd only spend about about 30 or 40 quid on a boot which says its "waterproof"
You'll probably go through about 2 or 3 pairs of cheap ones though and maybe say to yourself.
" maybe I should spend the extra and half decent ones may last longer

Over to someone else....
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Postby Sgurr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 pm

For just over £100 you can buy a Brasher hillmaster. I have worn through something like 5 pairs in pursuit of various hills. Husband and I both love them. However, they do not have the sort of rigid soles that will take crampons for winter (will take half crampons) but if you are thinking of getting into that, then you are most probably looking at a higher price tag

Some on Amazon. Some on ebay, but limited range of sizes at the cheapest. (Think they may now be marketed under Berghaus, but they are the same thing)
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby Shidsy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:50 pm

I have found A pair I like..

Berghaus Mens Explorer Trek Plus GTX

Any thoughts?
Shidsy
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk