walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Mammut Magic GTX boots - any owners?

Mammut Magic GTX boots - any owners?

Postby Poocini » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Well, it's almost that time of year when retailers slash the cost of their winter mountaineering boots to try and squeeze one last sale out of their end of season stock!

With that in mind, I'm possibly looking at getting a pair of Mammut Magic GTX - are there any owners out there? I'm looking for a bit of feedback on them, and I mean technical detail rather than 'Go to a shop, put a pair on and see how they feel.'

- Are they stiff enough for front pointing?
- I keep reading that they have slightly more flex than normal B3 boots. Do they have enough flex to make them viable for a long walks in, or even as all year round boots?
- How robust have they been? The large rubber rand makes me wonder how resistant the rest of the boot would be to scrapes against rocks etc.
- Also, given that they are (apparently) majority PVC, how breathable are they?

Thanks.

Stuart.
Poocini
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:19

Re: Mammut Magic GTX boots - any owners?

Postby jmarkb » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:51 pm

The Magic GTX is a B2 rated boot: there is also a Magic Guide High GTX model which is B3.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk