walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Gas Cartridge in Broadford

Gas Cartridge in Broadford

Postby Grokla » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:50 am

Hey,

a friend and me will be flying to Glasgow from Germany in two weeks! We'll take the Citylink bus from there to Broadfoard on Skye but will be without fuel, as we cannot bring gas cartridges on the plane.

Does anyone know the most convenient to get a srew-on gas cartridge in or near Broadfoard? To make matters worse, we will be arriving at 9 PM on a sunday...

Thanks!
Tim
Grokla

Re: Gas Cartridge in Broadford

Postby charlie7000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:09 am

Send an email to bookings@skyebasecamp.co.uk and I'll arrange for one to be left at reception for you. You can pick it up anytime between 4pm-10pm
charlie7000
Scrambler

Postby DANISIE7E » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi, Charlie! Nice to meet you!

I'm arriving next tuesday 20th november 2018 (12:00 h.) from Spain to Broadford to walk the Skye Trail . I'm having the same problem not being allowed to take a gas canister for my stove in the plane and, as I'm travelling directly from Edinburgh to Broadford by bus, I was looking for a place to get it in Broadford. And the I came across your nice offering to the german guys.

Would it be possible that you also arrange for one to be left at reception of the hostel for me? Shall I write an e-mail to the hostel?

I'd really appreciate if you could do that or let me know where I can find one there in Broadford. And, please, could you let me know if it would be the screw-on type or the easy click one?

Thank you very very much,

Dani
DANISIE7E
Stravaiging

Postby DANISIE7E » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:48 pm

charlie7000 wrote:Send an email to .... and I'll arrange for one to be left at reception for you. You can pick it up anytime between 4pm-10pm

Hi, Charlie! Nice to meet you!

I'm arriving next tuesday 20th november 2018 (12:00 h.) from Spain to Broadford to walk the Skye Trail . I'm having the same problem not being allowed to take a gas canister for my stove in the plane and, as I'm travelling directly from Edinburgh to Broadford by bus, I was looking for a place to get it in Broadford. And the I came across your nice offering to the german guys.

Would it be possible that you also arrange for one to be left at reception of the hostel for me? Shall I write an e-mail to the hostel?

I'd really appreciate if you could do that or let me know where I can find one there in Broadford. And, please, could you let me know if it would be the screw-on type or the easy click one?

Thank you very very much,

Dani
DANISIE7E
Stravaiging

Postby davekeiller » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:44 pm

e-mail Charlie and let him know what type of gas canister you need. I'm sure he'll reply and let you know if there's a problem.
davekeiller

Munros:154   Corbetts:31
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk